1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 506xde

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spchannell, Oct 20, 2005.

1. spchannell

spchannell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd post a pic of my 506xde - the quality of the picture is superb - really enjoying this kit - esp with tonights Bolton match on Sky 1 :D

Si

Attached Files:

2. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Nice. That's the first picture I've seen of a wall mounted One with the side speakers. :thumbsup:

3. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    VERY nice.

You've put something on top of the MR box, manual tells you that it needs to breathe!

4. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    simple clean lines - looks lovely - nice job mate

5. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks si,

that has to be the best looking 50" on the market today :) now if only i can choose between it and the fujitsu

cheers,

julie

6. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Any signs of screen-burn?

I'm thinking of getting one in, but I'm also been looking at the Philips 42PF9830.

The philips has 1920x1080 but the pioneer only has 1024*768.

Also if hd-tv and dvd is output at 720 - that leaves 48 unused lines, 24 pixel black bars at the top and bottom.

Or maybe I don't need 1080 as most hd-tv will be 720p anyhow.

I want a big tv with all the latest features.

Thought about rear projection (50" samsung L7) but the bulbs don't last long and cost a fortune.

7. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    A 720p panel would probably be your best bet, and even if the panel has more lines than the res then the onboard processing/scaling board would scale the image to fit the screen. So far I dont think I have actually seen or heard of a true 1280x720p screen though others may have :)

8. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Looks great spchannell,I'm hoping mine will be here within the next week to replace my dodgy Sony.A question though,I have pricematched with JL for my 506 but speakers were not included in the deal.Peter Tyson are doing them for £170(have they been seen cheaper) but can you tell me does a small gap run between the speaker and the panel as shown on the Pio website or are they adjustable.Maybe its the angle but yours look like they fit flush.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=11143&taxonomy_id=62-63

9. stevebrowne

stevebrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 506XDE arrived this morning. Wow!

First of all, man is this thing big! My wife nearly thumped me! But it looks just right now that it's all plumbed in on the stand with the sources wired up. Unfortunately at the moment I can't get my Snazzio to connect to my media machine to dipslay some HD test files. Aragh! Sky looks great, DTV looks OK as well, DVD from the Snazzio looks amazing (via DVI to HDMI).

Off to play some more :)

10. stevebrowne

stevebrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    madcyril - there are two sets of screw holes on the speakers; one set brings them flush to the panel, the other leaves a small gap. They don't appear to swivel or move though - simply leaves a gap.

11. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Thanks for that stevebrowne :thumbsup:

12. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24

LOL fantastic :thumbsup:

How about some pics of your new toy?

13. zippydoo

zippydoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 506xde should have arrived today. I got the media box and speakers, being told by FEd-Ex the third package will arrive Monday. I presume this will be the plasma and pedestal stand in the same package??? Is this right?? or does the pedestal arrive in a seperate box??

14. Munin

Munin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks great mate. I have a 506xde too. I've had it for 2 weeks now and I'm very pleased with it, great pictures etc.
    BUT!!! Be careful in the runin though. I have found out that I have an image retention, and it even might be a screen burn on mine. It only appears in bright scenes(lighter gray and white), but now I know it's there I'm very frustrated. Going to run a DVD on repeat through the day this weekend to see if it helps... I live in Norway and here we have a channel called TV3. It's got a big white circle logo with a 3 written in it(in white).
    In bright scenes it appears like a slight, slight darker white and gray. It's almost unnoticeable, but it's there.
    Had it for a couple of days now. I'm not wathing this channel anymore than others, but it got a more solid white in it than the other channels I'm watching. I've also seen in other forums(scandinavian) that there are others with the same problem so it's not just me.
    Apart from that it's a great TV. Wrote my supplier about it. I'll have a go with the DVD and report back if anyone interessted...

15. stevebrowne

stevebrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The screen is in it's own box (which is huge!); I got the desktop stand with it, but that was in a separate box.

16. spchannell

spchannell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a padding strip supplied with each speaker - when they are attached to the screen they tighten flush against this strip and any gap between the speakers disappears - quite a neat solution.

Si

17. grand

grand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Julie,
    I was in the same predicament between 405XDE and Fuji P50XHA40us.
    The Fuji with high def was phenomenal but with std TV, became less clear. Because of this and the Pio's looks and better connectivity, I have decided on the Pio which arrives next Wednesday. (£3199 from plasma warehouse - very helpful).
    Gordon

18. grand

grand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Screen Looks Fantastic. Mine Arrives Wed & I Want To Put Wall Bkt Up. Can You Tell Me The Distance On The Back Of Plasma Between Top Of Plasma & First Wall Bkt Hole?
    Cheers

19. Rahmorak

Rahmorak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think if I was looking at the Fuji right now, I would consider the PHD8+Scaler instead (unless you can afford Fuji+Scaler).

However, nothing comes close to looking as sexy as the Pioneer on the wall.

20. zippydoo

zippydoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve

I've now recieved the screen and the stand will be sent for Tuesday. Had a quick look at the screen, well impressed with sky digital imput.

21. AndrewTheMuppet

AndrewTheMuppet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Very nice set up spchannell!!!

Could you tell me at what distance does watching freeview become uncomfortable?

I want a 506xde but I would be watching it from about 10 feet.
    This would be ok for Hi def but what about freeview or better still, Sky through a scart if you have sky!!

Sorry about waiting a month to post this!! :rolleyes: