1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 5000hr AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by calibos, Sep 5, 2004.

1. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Ladies and Gentlemen (mostly Gentlemen admittedly :D )

I give You

The worlds first 5000hr AE300.......and quite possibly beating all AE100 owners to the 5000hr finishing post too!! :D

[​IMG]

We can now amend the meaning of the TOTAL figure from total Bulb hours to total Projector realtime runtime hours. This is currently reading 4994hrs.

Under the Total/Reset Line we have the total bulb hours, on/off cycles and adjusted hours figures for the new bulb. The old bulb details have moved down to the second line. Reset-OK is now Red?? I wonder what thats about. Resets has changed from 0 to 1.

I also notice that while this pic was taken just after switch on with the new bulb and the internal temp figure of 126 reflects that the PJ hasn't yet reached normal operating temperatures (ie usually reads between 90-100 and has infact reached 90 as of the time of this post), the intake fan reading of 166 is higher than the normal 170-176 range. Its still reading 166 now after 4hrs uptime. Doesn't feel any hotter than normal in the room today. Maybe I had dust in the temp probe which affected readings until the PJ clean up/new bulb insertion today???

So anyway, Do I get a prize??!! :D

PS sorry about the file size, My image editing program refuses to Jpeg compress it for some reason. Will try and sort it and refresh the image on my webspace.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith,

Cool !! Don't resize it................... something that impressive deserves to be seen nice and large. Go on, then, do a couple of screenshots with the new lamp in and show us just how lovely your AE300 looks after it's had 5000hrs run time.....

Sean.

3. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sean,

Yeah, I'll try and do some screen shots later. The new bulb doesn't seem to be noticeably brighter tbh. Pity I don't have a light meter to test it. I can safely say that my 5000 HOUR!!!!....first bulb didn't loose 50% of its brightness over its lifetime though. If this bulb lasts as well as the first won then I will be a very happy camper! :D

When I got home from the pub last night the brother told me the PJ had switched itself off and that when he switched back on it displayed, 'Change Bulb Now'. It then switched itself back of after 10 minutes. When I switched on this morning for a looksee the hours read 4990. At first I thought '"Dammit, so close yet so far, I don't get my 5000hr pic!!" Later I realised that the adjusted hours did infact read the full '2000' and that the reason the realtime clock only read 4990 was because like I mentioned in the Z2 dustblob thread, that I ran it in Highlamp for the first day new that I had the PJ until I remembered to switch it to low.

So it looks like I'll have to wait till January 2006 to get that elusive 5000hr bulb hours pic! :D

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith,

I'd say that the low number of on-off cycles (compared to the total run time hours) has a lot to do with the longevity and lack of "dimming" - combined with good cooling and (presumably...) regular filter cleaning. (Now you'll tell us you never clean the filter, just to disprove what I've said !) I reckon that start-up and cooling down are probably more stressful on the lamp than constant running.

Sean.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Filter? What filter? Are you suggesting PJs have a filter that needs cleaning/changing because I've never looked at my HS10 since ceiling mounting it :confused:

Only messing (as one does after 14 pints of Guinness :beer: ).

Congrats Keith on reaching (nearly) 5k hours :eek: :smashin: