My 13y daughter has just asked to get ears pierced

tonyrees687

My Daughter has asked to get her ears pieced she is 13 and I have no problem with this. Where is a good place to have this done. And what should I expect with after care and what type of ear ring would be be suitable for my little girl, albeit a teenager.
Thanks Tony

campy mccamper

Personally I'd go to a reputable piercing studio as they do this day in day out. Someone at work took his daughters to one of the high street accessory shops and both got ear infections.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Personally I'd go to a reputable piercing studio as they do this day in day out. Someone at work took his daughters to one of the high street accessory shops and both got ear infections.

those high street shops will still be regulated the same as a piercing studio though , should be no reason not to use them ....

tonyrees687

Ive had bad rumours that high street chains do a bad job as well. Had a look online and trying to find accredited ear piecing is a minefield. But then my mates little girl had hers done at a tattoo shop and all is well but the earings are not that well placed (not aligned properly if you know what i mean)

Last edited:

IronGiant

Could she ask her friends where they got their's done? I doubt she's the first in her class.

tonyrees687

What did you think of the Harrods service. Not far from Harrods and could go there this weekend. What department was this done. Are you and daughter happy with the piercing and the retainer they put in.

tonyrees687

Could she ask her friends where they got their's done? I doubt she's the first in her class.

Yes we have and to be honest we see all her mates walking around looking like they are all connected by chain mail. Mostly done by accessorize i think. Nothing wrong with this or am I being bit of an old fashion dad. Just want the best thats all .

tonyrees687

most important thing is that its done with a needle, using a gun shatters the cartilage.

Yes I heard of this less trauma to the ear and no lumps later on
Thanks

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
most important thing is that its done with a needle, using a gun shatters the cartilage.

Yeah, if you get the cartilage done, not the lobe.

I know a tattooist/piercer(a leading one, not a flybynighter), and they use a throwaway gun for lobes, and a needle kit for anything else.

IronGiant

Yes we have and to be honest we see all her mates walking around looking like they are all connected by chain mail. Mostly done by accessorize i think. Nothing wrong with this or am I being bit of an old fashion dad. Just want the best thats all .

Absolutely, I have two daughters (younger than yours) and I'm sure this will be coming up for us before too long.

FruitBat

What did you think of the Harrods service. Not far from Harrods and could go there this weekend. What department was this done. Are you and daughter happy with the piercing and the retainer they put in.

I think they were both happy with it (daughter + Mrs Fruitbat). I'm told it was called Urban Retreat (Harrods - Harrods - Urban Retreat - London). I think Urban Retreat is the whole department (some sort of franchise I presume). Everything seemed to be hunky dory, all hygienic etc. I believe there was a choice of studs. Probably not the cheapest (50 quid ish ).

EDIT: Better link: http://www.urbanretreat.co.uk/Harrods/MediSpa/Ear_Piercing.aspx
I think you need an appointment.

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Just ask her friends' parents where they had their childrens' done.

My daughter and lots of their friends had their's done at the local Claires Accessories.

Hear what you are saying about High Street shops, but we asked around and no one had anything bad to say and sure enough they did my daughters without any problems at all.

Local recommendations is the best way to go.

Cheers,

Nigel

tonyrees687

Well just leaving to go to Uxbridge to have her ears done at Claire's Accessories appointment at 11am. Shes very excited as i am nervous. Thanks to everybody for the advice.

tonyrees687

Shes had them done at Claire's Accessories and it all went very well. Very professional they asked lots of questions first, hygiene was 1st class and they pierced both ears at the same time. A very happy girl and a chuffed dad and all for £28. Shes now gone out to show all her friends. Thanks Nigel for the Claires Accessories recommendation and everyone else for the help. :)

IronGiant

Thanks for the Update :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom