1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 100th post!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VirusKiller, Jan 17, 2004.

1. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    This little milestone has been reached at a really exciting time.

With the pending sale of my Meridian processor (please happen, please happen!), I am finally going to buy a Sanyo Z1 from Nexnix as my first PJ. :clap:

I've read all of the Z1 threads on this forum which have really helped make my decision a no brainer at the current price. I've actually demoed one too!

Information from genuine enthusiasts is invaluable - thank you all for sharing your knowledge on this forum. :clap: :clap: :clap:

My intial set-up will be the following, leaving endless opportunity for tweaking and upgrades (£££) :D

- Basement room with excellent light control.
    - 2m wide Ikea Tuplar screen.
    - DIY ceiling mount.
    - Interlaced component feed from a Sony DVP-7700 DVD player.
    - Interlaced RGB(?) feed from a (to be purchased) Pioneer Freeview box.

Question
    The Z1 takes an VGA RGB input. Is this RGB the same as that from a Digibox or DVD player or something different? Assuming it's the same, what cable do I need? SCART to VGA? Will this preserve the three independent signals and not downmix them (e.g. to s-video or composite) at any stage?

From where should I get such a cable? Nexnix? Lectropacks? Keene? A.N.Other?

Cheers,
    Joel

2. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Does anyone know if this cable from Keene is any good? It's £30 and designed for the Z1. However, I've seen RGB -> "Plasma" VGA converters on the Ivojo and Nexnix websites for over £100. Apparently these extract H- and V-sync information from the SCART RGB signal.

The cost difference makes me wonder though:

(i) Is the Sanyo VGA input different to the VGA input on a plasma? (surely not?)

(ii) Are there H- and V-sync pins on an RGB SCART and are sync signals required on a Z1 VGA input?

(iii) Is the Keene cable a simplistic option that will not give the best PQ... I noticed that two of the pins are wired for composite! :confused:

Help appreciated!
    Joel

3. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Ignore me. I've done some more detailed searches on this forum and found what I needed. :rolleyes:

4. uczmeg

uczmeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Not sure we can count all your posts if you are going to sit here talking to yourself!

;)

Good luck with your new toy and welcome to the wonderful world of projectors.

Cheers
    Marc

5. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    This one's definitely valid though! :D

Cheers Marc. It's been a long wait, ever since I bought my Yamaha A2 amp 3 years ago!!!