MXQ android box and surround sound - please help.

phillsmit3

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a new surround system for Christmas. It plays from USB, Bluray and also has optical input. (no HDMI input)

I am trying to connect my mxq box to it and my tv does not have pass through.

The MXQ box has a digital coaxial spdif socket but its a 3.5mm jack.

I have ordered this: Cable Mountain Digital SPDIF Coaxial to Optical TOSlink Signal Converter.
This will convert the digital coaxial signal to optical then I can use a normal optical cable to plug into the surround sound system.

The bit I am stuck with is this. I think I need some kind of Digital SPDIF 3.5mm jack to RCA cable but I can not seem to find this cable anywhere.

I assume i can not use a normal 3.5mm to phono as these are analogue?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have a new surround system for Christmas. It plays from USB, Bluray and also has optical input. (no HDMI input)

I am trying to connect my mxq box to it and my tv does not have pass through.

The MXQ box has a digital coaxial spdif socket but its a 3.5mm jack.

I have ordered this: Cable Mountain Digital SPDIF Coaxial to Optical TOSlink Signal Converter.
This will convert the digital coaxial signal to optical then I can use a normal optical cable to plug into the surround sound system.

The bit I am stuck with is this. I think I need some kind of Digital SPDIF 3.5mm jack to RCA cable but I can not seem to find this cable anywhere.

I assume i can not use a normal 3.5mm to phono as these are analogue?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I've got the same problem. Works fine with hdmi but not when you try Spdif to optic. Do you have to download a program to run. Or what

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom