MXE1 & Momitsu V880

creative-av

Established Member
Reaction score
All,

I have recently acquired a Momitsu V880 DVD player so that I could use the custom DVI menu to get a 1:1 50Hz picture with my 43" MXE1 display. However, I am having a problem with this when I put the MXE1 into FRC mode 2. I get the message "Out of Range" displayed.

I have used one of the other custom menu values for 75Hz aswell and this still does not work in FRC2 but will work in FRC1(see thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231468 for values).

Can anyone who has got 50Hz working in FRC mode 2 please help? I would like to know what the values are for the Momitsu player. If no-one has these then does anyone have the PowerStrip values so that I can use one of the utilities available to convert them into the Momitsu values.

Many Thanks,

Steve

PS 75Hz in FRC1 gives me a Dot-to-Dot 1024*768 resolution but is missing about 1" of picture at the bottom. Picture looks pretty good though!

SteveJR said:

read about vesa timings - use a tool called CR4V880.exe (google)
....converts vesa timings to powerstrip timings and vice-versa

slightly try to change front and back porches in custom resolution dialog

I remember a custom res. of 1280x768@50 Hz was no problem with my yammi
(same as momi) ... but this was in the early days of digital displays long ago (think it was 2003.

good luck

m

Guys,

Just to let you know that I have got a custom resolution working at 50Hz in FRC mode 2. The values I have are:

H. freq = 40500
V. freq = 5000
V. width = 1024
V. height = 0768
Hsync total = 1344
Pre H sync = 0040
H sync active = 0136
Post H sync = 0144
V sync total = 0810
Pre V sync = 0006
V sync active = 0006
Post V sync = 0030

The only issue is that there is one column of pixels on the right hand side of the screen that are not being used. Apart from that the picture is amazing!

WRT Powerstrip, I downloaded it and tried to set a custom resolution but it wouldn't let me change any of the values. Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

SteveJR said:
Guys,

Apart from that the picture is amazing!

WRT Powerstrip, I downloaded it and tried to set a custom resolution but it wouldn't let me change any of the values. Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks,

Steve

you only need the the CR 4880 tool, it converts vesa timings to powerstriptimings and powerstriptimings to momitsu

a guide to the powerstrip-hell

http://www.audioholics.com/showcase/DIY/powerstriphtpcp1.html

regards
m

Cheers Mine.

Will have a read thru the PowerStrip guide and see if I can get my head around it!

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom