MX8 stopmotion animation

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by ribfuss, Jul 18, 2002.

1. ribfuss

ribfuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am trying to use Panasonic NVMX8 for stop motion animation. The capture frame rate should be about 2s/frame. I have come out with few options on how to do this, but each of them has some problems:

1. Record all on tape and then extract frames in video editor.
    - big file
    - additional work required when selecting frames
    2. Have the camera connected to the computer and capture only separate frames on user command (e.g. when pressing space) without recording on tape.
    + no excess in disk consumption
    - the camera turns off automatically after some 10 minutes (is there any way to stop that?)
    - there is white line at the top of the frame and a violet on the left side (is this normal?)
    3. use the photo mode
    + higher resolution
    - don't know how to transport captured images to computer without switching to card P.B. mode each time memory card is full.

Does anybody have any experience on this topic?

Also related - I want to capture moving clouds. For that I would also need lover frame rate. Is there any option on MX8 to decrease the framerate or is the only way to do the frame decimation on computer?

Thanks,
    Urban Velkavrh