MX500 Learning

mikatt

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just got a Home Theatre Master MX500 and find that I am unable to 'Learn' the power On button for my Denon DRA-F101 Receiver, the Denon has separate On/Off buttons on its remote, the Off button I can 'Learn' but although the MX500 says good when I try and do the On button it will not operate the receiver any help and ideas would be great.

Mike

The MX500 has a limit on the amount of data it can learn in one go although I'd be surprised if the ON code for the amp was an unlearnable code, especially if you've successfully learnt the OFF code. I suggest you try learning in a darkened room, away from any light sources that might add unnecessary noise during the learning process.
Also, it may be the amp is doing something with the code itself (using toggle bits?) but that seems unlikely.
If you get no joy, try posting on Remote Central's Home Theater (sic) Master MX500/700 forum, someone there might have some detailed info that can help.

Thanks for your suggestions Loada I have tried different times of pushing the transmitter buttons and have now got it mostly working just a couple of minor quirks but I can live with those.

mike

Glad to be of some help. As a MX500 owner, you may be interested in the IRClone device (www.irclone.com). Check it out, it's a nice additional bit of kit to help in programming your remote. The most important facility is that you can take any existing Pronto (CCF) code and convert it for use with the MX500. For kit like Denon amps/receivers, it means you could probably rely solely on codes learnt by Pronto users (including discretes that you can't learn directly).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom