mx440....or....FX 5600 256mb

derby4life

Novice Member
as the title says ..how much difference will i find between these two ... i currently have the basic geforce mx440...but can get the fx5600 256mb really cheap ....is it worth it ...is there much between them .....cheers :D

Tigerblade

Depends how cheap but I would imagine there would be a significant performance increase as the mx range are crippled feature wise. The MX is DX7, the FX is dx9 AFAIK and can run PS2.0 enabled games.

EDIT : Found a benchmark with both cards, albeit the FX is the 5600 Ultra. Basically showing the the 5600ultra is a Geforce 4 ti4200 with DX9 capabilities, which would be a large upgrade to your current card.......if the 5600 you can get is an ultra that is :)

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=1797

derby4life

Novice Member
Tigerblade said:
Depends how cheap but I would imagine there would be a significant performance increase as the mx range are crippled feature wise. The MX is DX7, the FX is dx9 AFAIK and can run PS2.0 enabled games.
thanks for the reply mate much appreciated....very very cheap :smashin: ....

derby4life

Novice Member
Tigerblade said:
I'd do it then :thumbsup:

Get to play Half Life 2 etc as they were meant to be seen :D

TBH hl2 played ok with the mx440 .....obviously not full spec but pretty good...I'm in the process of upgrading the whole lot but like everything it cost ££££