1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mx2-m vs mx3-m

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by duncanvdlinden, Sep 1, 2003.

1. duncanvdlinden

duncanvdlinden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to replace my tannoy mx2-m speakers for floorstand speakers mx3-m.
    because i have the space now to setup a floorstanding speaker. the look is also a reasen, a floorstanding speaker look nicer. ;)

but it would be nice if it is a sound improvement.
    I know you need to listen speakers self but maybe they have some experience between these two speakers.

I only want a speaker from the mx-m serie because i have a home cinema setup with these serie and i like the sound but a little more base with music would be nice :)

Is mx2-m to mx3-m a good improvement? ;)

this is my current setup:

front: mx2-m (want to replace)
    rear: mx1-m
    center: mxc-m
    receiver: marantz sr4200

2. duncanvdlinden

duncanvdlinden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can somebody tell me what the diferece is between the two speakers?
    I don't want the speaker sounds worster then a mx2-m.

some time ago i have listen in a hifishop to the mx3 (not mx3-m) and it sounds not so good as a mx1-m who was setup on a good speaker stand. The man from the hifishop said he need to fill the mx3-m with sand for a good sound. the sound was a little bit disorientated.

can somebody give me advise?

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You wil get a bit more bass from the floorstanders. Both speakers are very good, but the extra cabinet volume of the MX3-M's help lower down. Alternately you could add a good budget sub such as the MJ Pro50, which will really fill in the low-end with music and make a huge difference with films too.

4. duncanvdlinden

duncanvdlinden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the sound from the tannoy mx-2m that's not the reasen why i upgrade. i have my speakers at te moment on my audio rack (see picture) and a monitor "rack" it sound much better than my wall brackets before. at the moment ihave my rear speakers on the brackets. because i have the space now i want to have the speakers on the ground and replase both cases for one good tv-rack. then i have space to place 2 speakers on the floor. because good floor stands are also expansive and i can sell my mx2's it would be nicer to have floorstandspeakers. The sound is'nt the priority, more how i can place the speakers. But a little more base is always welcome!

I think i'm going to buy the mx3-m!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For movies i'm interested in the rel quake II or a svs sub :)