1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MX 500 help needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by forrestgump, Dec 6, 2004.

1. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Anyone that can help me with a code for the arcam DV88+ and my sky digibox (amstrad version), neither are listed in the MX 500's instruction book, tried toggling through 1 digit at a time but does not work, managed to do Hitachi plasma, pioneer dvd player and sony amp no probs

2. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    can the moderator move this to the ARCAM forum, may get an answer there? I am desperate!

3. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    On a related note, you may (or may not) be aware that you can program discretes into your MX500 using a device called IRClone. This is a third-party USB device (and software) that allows you to use your PC to program your MX500. Of most interest to you is the fact that there is software to convert most Philips Pronto infra-red codes for use with the MX500. There are lots of Arcam DV88 and Sky Digital Pronto configuration files on Remote Central that you could use.

The downside is that you will have to buy the IRClone device as an extra accessory for your MX500. Of course, you could find someone that had a Philips Pronto (or other programmable universal remote that supports discretes like the various All-In-Ones) and use them to learn from directly - that may be a cheaper option.

Hope that helps.

4. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    or i could ask someone off this forum to hire me the Irclone?