Mx-3000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Nic Rhodes, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
  2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. rdundas

rdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Oh! I do I do Ido I do I do :thumbsup: Have it running everything inc. my heater now. The IR even bounces off the screen and works my pj mounted on the ceiling behind me, so I do not have to buy the RF box I thought I would, for it. Couldn't resist putting funny animated gifs and sound effects as well. Imagine I will bore of that, but for now it is great fun and it will alwys be a brill. remote even when I tire of the gimmics I added.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    I have a Simpad, could you explain why you prefer it to this and the IPronto please as all of which are pretty decent kit, quite fancy another toy :)

5. rdundas

rdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Never had the ipronto, so cannot compare to that. I had a 970 colour pronto and a Simpad though. I love the size. I like that it is for 2 handed operation. I like the proper hard button pad for the direction and select buttons. It means it is the first of the remotes I have been comfortable using without a stylus. The screen is very clear. I found the programming software easier to use. The ability to add sound in the form of .wav files means you can have spoken help instructions and cues. The animated gifs as buttons, which support transparncy means you can have some great effects. My home screen in the picture of a home cinema and I have a Tiger jumping out of the screen and if you tap it, it roars. I know that is pathetic and lame, but heck it is a boys toy, so why not.

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    thanks

7. richardbarman

richardbarman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, I'd agree that it's a great remote. It's a lot lighter and slimmer than the pronto/marantz remotes. The real treat is the software, especially as it has variables and other clever things which allow you to do dynamic text and stuff.

The screen is really nice, and it doesn't seem to suffer from the pronto problem of occasionally not picking up a tap on the screen. It's been very reliable so far.

Also, if you're using RF, the MRF300 with seperate antenna is great, I've always had range problems with prontos, but this thing goes miles.

Richard

8. rdundas

rdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I haven't figured a use for the variables yet myself. Any good suggestions ?

9. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Does seem to have it's fans then, ae there any limitation on the amount of kit you can use on it, I have quite a large pile :)

10. rdundas

rdundas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    cannot envisage that being an issue

11. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    We hit the limits on the Simpad!!

12. richardbarman

richardbarman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used the variables to make 'pseudo' discrete codes, as the MX3000 keeps a track of if something is on or off. Also, I got it to change the colour of the button if you were in that command, e.g. If you selected 'Watch DVD' and then went back to the main menu, the 'Watch DVD' button would be a different colour to show that's what was currently playing. Also it has different Macros for if the variable is 1 or 0, so that if you're already watching a DVD , it won't do the whole set-up macro when you return to watch a DVd from the main menu.

I also got it to change the 'power' button from grey to red when the system was on, and put up a 'please wait' text on one part of the screen when busy doing stuff.

I know I'm sad, but I love it. Down load the software, and have a look at the some of the files on remote central for ideas.

I'm sure it can cope with all the gear you've got. I've just done a customer who had:
    Media PC, Euro Sat, DVD, VCR, DAB tuner, FM tuner. spread over 4 screens (3 with own tuners) in 2 zones. The Mx3000 was 45% memory used.

Richard

13. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Thats nothing!!