MW3 Weapon Balance Pass

NightHawk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This has just been posted on Infinity Ward's facebook page

Xbox 360 & PS3 have received weapon rebalance in Call of Duty: MW3 for assault rifles & SMG's:

FAD - increased damage and range
M16A4 - increased damage and fire rate
AK47 - reduced kick
UMP45 - increased damage
MP5 - increased fire rate
PM9 - reduced kick

Also coming to PC in the next patch.

Wonder which one of the above will be op like alot of other guns in the game. Surprised UMP has had a damage increase as I never found it weak.

Happy AK47 has had its recoil reduced though as it was a pain trying to get it to Gold.

Also I thought IW were prioritising lag and connection over this weapon balance pass...

Maybe they have given up on the lag.....might as well because nothing seems to work:facepalm:

M16 did need a buff.
UMP was good, but next to the MP7/P90/PP90 it didn't really get much use.
MP5 was good in MW2 so if it performs like that, then no qualms from me.
AK47 could use some lovin.
PM9 would still get no use from me.
FAD did need a damage increase and range, but glad they didn't buff clip size cuz the fire rate and clip size makes it on par with SMG's imo.

Does anyone still play?

Does anyone still play?

I play the Faceoff maps only since it seems pretty consistent with my connection. I have a much better game with only 4 players as apposed to 12 or more so I dabble the odd day in this mode to get my cod fix ;)

I still await the patch that's supposedly gonna fix (balance) the connections but maybe I'm wasting my time, who knows.

they need to sort matchmaking out before messing with the actual game , why when i am in uk do i play french or german people .
not only am i at a huge disadvantage but i cant even understand a word there saying .
its not hard in my opinion to look at i.p address of consoles connected and put them together via country .
i dont want to play french or german or american people i want uk . i want a fair match !

M16 did need a buff.
UMP was good, but next to the MP7/P90/PP90 it didn't really get much use.
MP5 was good in MW2 so if it performs like that, then no qualms from me.
AK47 could use some lovin.
PM9 would still get no use from me.
FAD did need a damage increase and range, but glad they didn't buff clip size cuz the fire rate and clip size makes it on par with SMG's imo.

UMP was good, but next to the MP7/P90/PP90 it didn't really get much use

Seriously have you ever tried ump extended mags , stability and steadyaim together :D

Im using the ump and mp5 anyhow. Didn't notice any difference

UMP was good, but next to the MP7/P90/PP90 it didn't really get much use

Seriously have you ever tried ump extended mags , stability and steadyaim together :D
I almost gold-ed the UMP so yes, I used it quite a fair bit. It still did well, but compared to the others it didn't fit a niche. It was a good all-rounder so if you weren't planning on playing a specific style, then I'd vote for that. Otherwise for up close go with the P90/PP90... distance, go with the MP7. IMO.

I know not everyone will agree with that.

Silenced Fads ahoy then

I have been trying the UMP and MP5 a bit since the patch. And the UMP has noticeably improved.

I would rather use it than the MP7 at the moment as long as I have Range proficiency on it.

So 3 months shy of this being out a year and they have only just decided to patch up some more mistakes. :rolleyes:

They are bored so boost the lesser used weapons

I was reading these buffs in Elite a few days ago and wasn't sure how old the news was. I say the cos a lot of people had stuck with the UMP anyhow, and so new patch above would only make boss. Then theres the AK, something I always kept a class for when it got laggy; spray into a bunch of lagged up folk and you'd mow a coople down, end up with red screen and then die later from a tickle to your foot from a silnced FAD - now another gun to become boss. All in all, 3 guns well worth unlocking and trying out then (more than before); and expect to be killed by. Joy.

They gave no real good reason on Elite, otehr than tellign you to go and try out the new tweaks and it allows you to experiment with new classes. ie Start over boys cos we moved the goal posts to liven it up a litte; wait to see who's not known about this or noticed, and chuckle at the raging when they get hammered by an Ump across the map. Sounds like IW.

The UMP and AK47 are much improved. M16 is a little better but in laggy games can still take 3 bursts to take someone down.

UMP is probably just as strong as MP7 now without the accuracy and slightly more recoil. Iron sights aren't as good as MP7 either.

AK47 similar comparing to ACR. Just as strong but not as accurate and the iron sights are slightly fatter compared to ACR's.

Did my first ever test on Dome the other day - UMP is better with kick than stability however AK47 better with stability than kick.

Still think they should have concentrated on improving lag comp/matchmaking than buff weak guns. They're still weak when you're in a laggy game or when you're host :facepalm:

The M16 is still honking

I jumped on for a few games to test the M16 and I found it rather good, a big improvement from before still not as good as it was in previous games but def alot better than before.

Also had a wee shot of the AK and it was working better but I never really had any probs with before.

Just glad the MK14 was left untouched, it's perfect as it is:devil:

Used the MP5 a lot so I can notice the fire rate increase.

The recoil on it is a joke though even with kick it's still a mare, I just slap range on it and hip fire everyone with steady aim.

UMP had really good range anyway so if you slap range on it the 3 hit kill zone would be immense. Sure I read that the UMP had the least damage drop off anyway so this buff is kinda strange.

The M16 is still honking

Tried it again last night and was beasting with it. The game was running quite smoothly which helped and I was running rapid fire + rds. It felt more like the old M16 of previous games.

The M16 is still honking

Was a beast in COD4 too and was my favourite weapon, especially silenced in S&D, FFA and Cage Match :D

Those were the days :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom