MW3 install query

The SMF

Ex Member
Reaction score
im assuming most of us install our games to the hard drive

my question is this, if its installed, then once the game has booted up surely the disc should stop as it recognises that you do have the game

mine seems to take forever to stop, i can be in my 1st MP game and the drive will still be spinning, only seems to stop a few mins into the game, then even going back to the main menu starts the disc up again

i dont remember black ops doing this, just to acknowledge the disc was in the tray

am i right in saying that theres something sketchy going on? and yes i have deleted the game and re-installed it to the hard drive but its still doing it

:confused:

yh, was starting to think maybe the hard drive was trying to play up

whats the new disc format then?

I get this to, so I leave it a few minutes to stop.

On the ps3 version I can always hear the disc during a game spin every so often so annoying

i think all these games are ap2.5 enabled and whilst it does not use the disk for the actual loading of the game it does for the authentication, and live or the dashboard at any time can query the disk itself with some relatively extensive disk checks which they are doing quite a bit of atm I think. This is to defeat pirate copies (sic) and I suppose explains why certain games take longer to go silent. BF3 also seems to spin for an age for me and I also note on these titles it takes a lot longer the get the image of the game up in the DVD tray area of the main dash.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom