MW3 FFA - Rules, Groups and Results

Baldy isn't sCud so he has no loyalties there (even though he still loves us), but everyone's agreed to let the tables stand as is.

The balls thing was just Baldy being Baldy though, lol.

Plus Clarky5000, hindsight is 20/20 and no sense in everyone worrying about it now, sounds like you made a handy effort to get the 8 so good on you.

Det said:
Baldy isn't sCud so he has no loyalties there (even though he still loves us), but everyone's agreed to let the tables stand as is.

The balls thing was just Baldy being Baldy though, lol.

Plus Clarky5000, hindsight is 20/20 and no sense in everyone worrying about it now, sounds like you made a handy effort to get the 8 so good on you.

Surprise surprise that you've chimed in.

Never said he was Scud though he is ex scud and obviously buddies with them, as I said, I know it's not personal. I think i know him well enough to know that. Just baldy badly attempting a wind up IMO.

Clarky5000 said:
Ok. Just wanted to add my thoughts before we move on.

Firstly, I made every effort to get others involved due to dropouts. Henborg was a sub as you know.

We were all in the lobby waiting. We agreed to wait to see if the no shows came. I posted a quick note on here saying we were short. I asked the lobby if we should play with 6. Somebody said "we don't have a choice". I also said our match won't be too busy so there's a good chance we won't have high scoring runners up. Nobody expressed concern. I asked at least twice if we should go ahead. We were all in the same position so although not ideal, was done as fairly as we could given the circumstances.

Couple of side notes. Pretty rude of DannyBoy not to show as we re-arranged this game to suit him. I know he's young but a bit of decency please.

Baldy, I know you're just looking out for your scud buddies but saying "if the top two had any balls" isn't gonna goad me in to playing it again. I know it's not personal so no worries.

It was posted in your thread before the game that Danny couldn't play in fairness, doesn't matter that he didn't post it....

And in fairness there must have been 4 dropouts from this game to have used 2 reserve players and still not get 8. So no reason to just pick Danny out...

Yah, 9,600+ posts would have eluded to me chiming in without a sarcastic "surprise surprise" too :smashin:

My bad for trying to help keep the peace!

Stuey1 said:
It was posted in your thread before the game that Danny couldn't play in fairness, doesn't matter that he didn't post it....

And in fairness there must have been 4 dropouts from this game to have used 2 reserve players and still not get 8. So no reason to just pick Danny out...

My point is, of we'd have stuck to the original time, we'd have had seven and could have probably subbed somebody in for Danny making 8. Just think that as we had arranged a new time to suit, he could have made an extra effort to:

A. Make the game
B. Give us more than half hours notice that he can't make it for the second time

Thanks xxx ;-)

Det said:
Yah, 9,600+ posts would have eluded to me chiming in without a sarcastic "surprise surprise" too :smashin:

My bad for trying to help keep the peace!

No probs Det. I understand your compulsive posting needs. You should get out more. You should try match.com :)

My point is, of we'd have stuck to the original time, we'd have had seven and could have probably subbed somebody in for Danny making 8. Just think that as we had arranged a new time to suit, he could have made an extra effort to:

A. Make the game
B. Give us more than half hours notice that he can't make it for the second time

Thanks xxx ;-)

Possibly, however the reason he couldn't play was beyong his control, also no-one made anyone re-arrange :thumbsup:

If Danny had played could guarantee one of those top 2 would not have been going through!! Just saying :) so perhaps not a bad thing

Stuey1 said:
Possibly, however the reason he couldn't play was beyong his control, also no-one made anyone re-arrange :thumbsup:

I understand mate, things happen out of our control all the time(like the two hours I just spent on the motorway picking my daughter up). We made a group decision to do the decent thing and reschedule, and you're right, we didn't have to. Oh well, roll on the semis :)

I'd say it's fairly correct :)

No probs Det. I understand your compulsive posting needs. You should get out more. You should try match.com :)
I'm married to a 10, have 3 awesome kids with one on the way, great job, play guitar, was in the Air Force 8 years, seen the world, been 100 yards from explosions, dodged IED's on Iraqi roads, been through Typhoons, etc... the list could go on and on. I've lived an awesome life and wouldn't trade it for anything and I still manage to get out often.

Just because I post in the time it takes reports to run or systems to load up doesn't mean I don't have a life or am compulsive with posting... I hardly check AVF at home because I'm often doing something. Good call though :laugh::smashin:

forrest_gump-10691.jpg
I knew you were married by the way. Are you Forrest Gump?

DeV8 said:
I'd say it's fairly correct :)

Well I'd just add that Steviegall would have been my tip to go through his group, sure a few would agree. Also, no offense intended here, but not many would have guessed Det would top it either.

Guess we'll never know will we flower

It was because of my "advantage"

Det only won the group due to the lag compensation that was throttled on the other 7 players. I'm not even gonna say 'in my opinion' either because if you know how the lag compo system works it's a pretty easy conclusion to arrive at

Just a wee clarification. Clarky knows the 'any balls' statement was a joke as thats how it was meant. Also ryan the game can be pretty unpredictable, so to say one of the two that made the top two wouldnt get there had danny played is a bit disrespectful to the people that did finish 1st and 2nd. Glad to see tournaments back with a bit of a bite, some fire in the bellies again. My job here is done.

P.S. Just to throw this out there, after watching clarky alot in his game, I have no idea how he made it through, it looked like he was very stuttery/laggy, so that was quite impressive in its own right, even if it was only against ***** like boyzee/darren/henborg etc. ;)

Det only won the group due to the lag compensation that was throttled on the other 7 players. I'm not even gonna say 'in my opinion' either because if you know how the lag compo system works it's a pretty easy conclusion to arrive at
Haha, I'll drop out so when you lose there won't be as much sand in your vagina.

You cant beat the banter during an avf tournie, its hilarious. Happy days.

I'll be running youtube, redtube, i tunes and media player all at the same time in my next game.

Askew how were the semi groups worked out? just wondering, im not fussed, just curious. To be honest my group looks easy so i'm a happy chappy > :)

I'm not sure I wanna be in either group. Looks like it'll be a painfull 10 mins IMO.

If Danny had played could guarantee one of those top 2 would not have been going through!! Just saying :) so perhaps not a bad thing

Shock horror. Guy that plays regularly with or knows a clan member well thinks he's better than the oppo...

Maybe a little disrespectful to talk in facts though. Even Tiger Woods got beat when he was at his peak....

Clarky & henborg not trying to take anything away from you fellas you both deserved top 2.

Well... good to see nothing has changed :laugh:

Ryan was joking, but if danny did play its quite likely he would have been there and thereabouts, he is 14/15 and has reactions like a cat which is something not many of us can say (especially not me)

Auditor - do me a favour and find out how to ignore dets posts, we know you don't like each other so lets just leave it at that...

if everyone could put their toys back in there prams and we can get on with this tournament seeing as though askew has arranged it for us that would be good :)

Det block Auditor
Auditor block Det

Drama Llama overload....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom