MW3 FFA - Rules, Groups and Results

Not on my phone so I can expound better :)

I understand "why" it was done the way it was and honestly, I'm glad it got people out of the usual norm of hiding, popping out, hiding, popping out.

Next tourney though I think groups should not be allowed to play with less than 8 unless they all agree prior to, that only the top 2 are likely to go through.

I just know there would have been a better showing (Score wise) if there were 8 in the lobby... I'm not saying Darren or Boyzee or whoever should be through just because they are sCud.

I'm content with the results but think there should be some failsafes in future tourneys.

Thanks Baldy and for me no need for a re-match just wanted to bring it up that 6 made a big difference.

Thanks Baldy and for me no need for a re-match just wanted to bring it up that 6 made a big difference.

Only saying everyone should have a fair crack of the whip mate. :smashin:

Is it because you guys are so used to playing on your own? :rotfl:

Hope you guys can play all the clan tourneys!

Next tourney though I think groups should not be allowed to play with less than 8 unless they all agree prior to, that only the top 2 are likely to go through.

Agree with this. Lessons learned for future tournaments.

The deadline was next Monday so there was still time for people to wait and organise getting a full 8 in a lobby if they weren't happy playing with 6.

I'm suprised how many kills there were in other games compared to our game which had a full lobby!

I think since we were the first group and not sure where the action was occuring was why it was so slow.

Once I posted up my vid I think people got a healthy indication of where they needed to run to. So maybe I'll wait next time until everyone has played the games so everyone has a fair shot at it.

I think since we were the first group and not sure where the action was occuring was why it was so slow.

Once I posted up my vid I think people got a healthy indication of where they needed to run to. So maybe I'll wait next time until everyone has played the games so everyone has a fair shot at it.

Nope - not for me, I never watched any videos of the FFA's and still found out that the station was where the action was at within the first two minutes...

Last edited:
Nope - not for me, I never watched any videos of the FFA's and still found out that the station was where the action was at within the first two minutes...

2nd that, and if anyone has played FFA before, u can work out very quickly where the common flow of traffic is on any map... then its just carnage...

Nothing to do with all the red dots popping up and flash bangs and explosion giving the game away :devil:

Askew how were the semi groups worked out? just wondering, im not fussed, just curious. To be honest my group looks easy so i'm a happy chappy > :)

Not saying everyone watched it Comply or Ryan. Just saying it could have been a factor. Plus everyone sans 1 person (think it was Askew) was using a silencer and hardly any nades were thrown in mine so it took a good 5 mins before anyone knew truly where we needed to go to get kills.

Each lobby is different but not having played FFA on MW3 before (for most of our lobby I reckon) meant that we had no clue where to go, lol.

I think its a tad unjust on boyzee etc aswell. Having hosted 2 games and played 1. The amount of action compared to the others due to having only 6 people was unbelievable. Quite unfair if you ask me. If the top 2 in that group had any balls about them ( ) they would let a rematch happen, because the games had to be played by sunday night I think? So a full rematch should be in order. Just my opinion though.

am happy to re play my match with the same 6 plus the two that were missing..

we could hold off on the semi's till its played... try get it sorted for maybe monday night

Mark's right, semi's were Afghan. Final was 2 maps were Highrise and Scrapyard. I played under my old ID.

I wasnt in it anyway lol :hiya: made my improvement on last year already so am happy :smashin:

A lot has happened in a year am 30 now brain is not what it used to be

am happy to re play my match with the same 6 plus the two that were missing..

we could hold off on the semi's till its played... try get it sorted for maybe monday night

For me nah it's ok the semi's are sorted.

its a fair point baldy made so i guess its upto the rest

just keep the draw as it is just change the names accordingly

Last edited:
A replay would be fair enough, but i think the highest scoring 8 should still apply as it makes the game more interesting, rather than just top four from each group.

And there is no bias from me before anyone says it because i would be through either way at the moment :D

i think everyone was happy enough to roll with 6 at the time.. (maybe i am wrong) with 6 of course you have more chance of finishing in top 2 tho less of a change of being the highest runner up.. so was thinking to myself it worked out fair enough in that respect

Ok. Just wanted to add my thoughts before we move on.

Firstly, I made every effort to get others involved due to dropouts. Henborg was a sub as you know.

We were all in the lobby waiting. We agreed to wait to see if the no shows came. I posted a quick note on here saying we were short. I asked the lobby if we should play with 6. Somebody said "we don't have a choice". I also said our match won't be too busy so there's a good chance we won't have high scoring runners up. Nobody expressed concern. I asked at least twice if we should go ahead. We were all in the same position so although not ideal, was done as fairly as we could given the circumstances.

Couple of side notes. Pretty rude of DannyBoy not to show as we re-arranged this game to suit him. I know he's young but a bit of decency please.

Baldy, I know you're just looking out for your scud buddies but saying "if the top two had any balls" isn't gonna goad me in to playing it again. I know it's not personal so no worries.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom