MVIX 760HD or something better

jock23

Novice Member
Hi,

Currently I don't even have a HD tele, but we are looking at getting one (mainly to save space in the front room) and are probably opting for the Sony 32" Bravia that seems to be so popular.

At the moment we have a 320gb Hard Drive Media Player that we use to play Divx files etc on downstairs on our tele. Obviously it involves copying it from the PC and then taking downstairs and plugging into tele.

When I get the HD tele, I wont be having a HD source (unless sky do me a great deal) but I was looking at getting a new Media player anyway as ours is reaching its 320gb limit.

The Mvix looked good as I thought maybe I could stream SD sources to it and maybe transfer HD file via wifi to it before playing. Obviously i understand i wont be able to play h.264 files on it, but does this sound reasonable? Is there a better option out there for a similar price?

I have a 108mps router and good wifi reception throughout the house, not much chance of a wired connection (apart from maybe between the router and the tele/player)

Thanks for any advice!:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom