Mvix 4000U - Impressive portable media player!

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Marshmellow, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Marshmellow

Marshmellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello AVForum folks!

I was leafing through Tomshardware (as you do..) and came across http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/10/mvix_adds_multimedia_player_sauces_to_external_storage/ - a review on the Mvix-5000U, which kind of prompted me into signing up and posting on here.

I've been an owner of the Mvix 4000U now for a good couple of months, and I'm thoroughly pleased with the product - providing all the multimedia needs we have (films and music) without the loud hum of a bulky computer in my room!

Does anybody here own a Mvix?

2. nmacog

nmacog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there,

I ordered mine up on Friday - I cant believe its crammed with so many features and especially the DVD Upscaling via COMPONENT connectivity.

I have a quick question for you - do you know where I can get a power supply to run it in a car ?

Many thanks

SS

3. mrjohnfernandez

mrjohnfernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an AVix which is pretty good too... the user interface is simple (neither a pro nor a con really...) but the speed at which I can get media from my computer into the car is pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

4. nmacog

nmacog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I emailed the guys over at mvix regarding High Definition playback and it looks as though it will be in the next firmware upgrade !!!

Also asked them if there would be any Nero MP4 AVC / H264 support but they said there wouldnt be as its a proprietary format, which is a real shame as they are superb encodes !!!

By the way - can any of you guys tell me how I can play my complete mp3 collection randomly on the mvix ? I have the 5000U and would like it to play random when I am in the car.

Thanks

SS

5. ian_c_uk

ian_c_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Are their many UK resellers of this - anyone recommend anywhere?

(quick google does not show any, and I've been burnt by "single supplier" foreign products before (neo mstation, densions, etc)

6. nmacog

nmacog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  7. M1ster_Happy

M1ster_Happy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking at these for a while now.... trying to decide.... think I'm going to go with Mvix. I bought a mp3 player from the following site and all ran smoothly so will probably use them again.

http://www.kjglobal.co.uk/acatalog/MVIX_MV-5000U.html

They've also got a couple of others but the price seems good for this one, can stick a 500GB HDD in then with the extra saving!

If anyone has got any problems with the Mvix 5000 .... or good comments let me know as I'm still not 100% sure.

Thanks