1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MVC do trade-in's and/or cash for old DVD's!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Sep 17, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

This may be of interest to those of you who live near to a local branch of high-street DVD retailers "MVC". They've just started to do a trade/exchange scheme, for old and unwanted Region 2 DVD's. :smashin:

However, there are some fairly strict criteria, before they will let you trade or get cash:
    1 - You must be an MVC Cardholder. (It's free to join, but you do need ID to do so, e.g. passport, debit card, credit card, or driving licence, plus a bank statement or some other form of official ID with your address on it, e.g. phone bill, Sky digital bill, etc, etc.)
    2 - You must be over 18.
    3 - All discs must be UK PAL Region 2. No exceptions.
    4 - All discs must be in immaculate condition. Ditto, with the packaging.
    5 - Any disc not recognised by their computer systems, will get a triflingly low offer of about £2 part-ex or £1 cash!

Alas, what seems like a good idea, is actually not so good. I took in my "Alias: Season 1" DVD boxed set, and was offered a measly £6-60 cash or £8 in part-exchange. This, on a boxed-set worth £49-99 new, or about £20 secondhand. On the "24: Complete Seasons 1, 2 and 3" boxed set, which sells at about £79-99 retail, you'd get just £20 part-ex, or £15 cash! :eek: As you can see, their offers aren't very good.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend this service, but it's there for those of you desperate to raise a bit of cash quickly. But I do emphasise the word "desperate"! :D

Pooch

2. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    part exchange rates for retail stores usually sucks, hard.