1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutant X What Happened

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    I started watching this series but gave up about half way through the first series, I could not stand the guy in the with white wig, and each week the stories seemed the same.
    If this is the third series I totally missed the second, but I have just started watching the present one.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the guy in the white wig that was always disposing of his employees and Gomex (pardon the spelling).

2. Hareraiser

Hareraiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Snap. I also stopped watching it for the same reason but unlike you I haven't started again. I'm not keen on any program where a character is so OTT like that.

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    This is an answer to the question in the first post of this thread, and as such contains massive spoilers about Mutant X episodes that have already been shown on Sky One.

During the second series the chief baddie was a guy called Gabriel Ashlocke. He was supposed to be the first mutant to come out of Genomex, and also the most powerful in existence - simultaneously Feral, Elemental, Psionic and Molecular. He was also insane - a megalomaniac and a psychopath. He'd been in a stasis pod for about 15 years, but was rescued by some mutant followers. He and his assistants basically shut down Genomex and shoved Mason Eckhart into a stasis pod himself.

Ashlocke is no longer with us either because his powers were so extreme and his mutation so unstable that eventually his entire body just tore itself apart (in a glowy rather than gory sort of way).

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Thank for the reply Nicholas I just hope they never open the pod.:D

I also notice that two of the characters have had their powers upgraded was this in the last series or did they just start using them without explanation?

5. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    MORE SPOILERS ABOUT OLD EPISODES

Round about the time that Ashlocke first appeared on the scene, all four of the main mutant characters experienced (initially uncontrollable) power upgrades. This was a) a necessary plot device because otherwise they would have got their arses kicked big time, and b) useful to reinforce the idea that mutations tend to unstable - and when really unstable can actually harm or destory the mutant in question, as happened with Ashlocke.

Upgrades:

Shalimar can sense what's happening around her even if she is blindfolded and it's something completely silent.

Brennan can use the recoil of his electrical discharges to propel himself into the air.

Jesse is able to phase other objects as well as his own body (so he can help other people to walk through walls).

Emma can now project psionic blasts that can render people unconscious.

6. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is Mutant X any good?

I watched a few minutes from one or two eps, but the fight scenes and acting looked tripe. Have I wrongly overlooked it?

7. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's good throw away entertainment and you can pick up the general plot in minutes. It's worth checking out if you're at a loose end.

(and Shalimar is hotter than a hot thing :devil: )

8. Hareraiser

Hareraiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An old fashioned word for it would be tripe. It is complete rubbish. I am a scifi lover but there has to be a greater reason for me to watch it than merely the fact that it is on.

9. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Yeah, it's absolutely mindless - occupies the same intellectual level as "Neighbours" but with silly martial arts sequences. But if you actually want to put your brain completely in neutral, except for occasionally boggling at quite how ridiculous Victoria Pratt's (Shalimar's) outfits are, it passes the time.

10. Rindless

Rindless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They've totally ruined Emma's hair in the third series (looks like a wig). She looked damn hot with dark locks.

God, I sound like a total arse bandit :suicide: