Mustek R100LM recorder, SKY+, scart passthrough problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jsjazz, Jul 8, 2005.

1. jsjazz

jsjazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all- just got a cheap Mustek R100LM DVD recorder to dump saved Sky+ recordings onto (I got tired of saving from Sky+ to PC, conerting, burning). I connect SKy+ TV scart to recorder SCart input, then recorder scart out to TV scart 1 (old Toshiba with 2 scart in, CVBS)- the picture through the recorder is awful- wavy multicoloured lines, unrecognizable picture.
    I connect Sky+ VCR scart to recorder scart 1, then recorder scart out to TV scart 2, and Sky+ TV scart to TV scart 1- picture on AV1 fine, picture on AV2 (via recorder) as above.
    I connect Sky+ SVHS to recorder SVHS in, then recorder scart out to TV scart 2, Sky+ TV scart to TV scart in, get good picture on AV1 (Sky+), reasonable picture on AV2 (recorder) but with a pale band that moves across from left to right.
    Any ideas on what I can do ti improve matter? Why is the scart in from Sky+ giving such a crap picture?
    I've tried different scart cables, all cheap but appear to be fully wired.
    Thanks for any help.
    JSjazz

2. jsjazz

jsjazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, bit more information- Panasonic NVHS860 added to loop.
    VCR to recorder scart 1- picture fine (so not a problem with scart input on recorder)
    Sky+ to VCR to recorder scart1 - picture fine! (Even with VCR off)- recorder to TV via composite leads.
    Sky+ to VCR to recorder scart1 - recorder to TV via scart 2 on TV- picture fuzzy but not like scenario in 1st post.
    Sky+ to recorder scart1(input) to TV (scart or composite)- terrible picture- like macrovision protection.
    I saw a thread on resetting sky+ box- doesn't work in this case.
    Why is Sky + box incompatible with Mustek DVD recorder via scart?