Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mustek R100LM recorder, SKY+, scart passthrough problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jsjazz, Jul 8, 2005.

1. jsjazz

jsjazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all- just got a cheap Mustek R100LM DVD recorder to dump saved Sky+ recordings onto (I got tired of saving from Sky+ to PC, conerting, burning). I connect SKy+ TV scart to recorder SCart input, then recorder scart out to TV scart 1 (old Toshiba with 2 scart in, CVBS)- the picture through the recorder is awful- wavy multicoloured lines, unrecognizable picture.
    I connect Sky+ VCR scart to recorder scart 1, then recorder scart out to TV scart 2, and Sky+ TV scart to TV scart 1- picture on AV1 fine, picture on AV2 (via recorder) as above.
    I connect Sky+ SVHS to recorder SVHS in, then recorder scart out to TV scart 2, Sky+ TV scart to TV scart in, get good picture on AV1 (Sky+), reasonable picture on AV2 (recorder) but with a pale band that moves across from left to right.
    Any ideas on what I can do ti improve matter? Why is the scart in from Sky+ giving such a crap picture?
    I've tried different scart cables, all cheap but appear to be fully wired.
    Thanks for any help.
    JSjazz

2. jsjazz

jsjazz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, bit more information- Panasonic NVHS860 added to loop.
    VCR to recorder scart 1- picture fine (so not a problem with scart input on recorder)
    Sky+ to VCR to recorder scart1 - picture fine! (Even with VCR off)- recorder to TV via composite leads.
    Sky+ to VCR to recorder scart1 - recorder to TV via scart 2 on TV- picture fuzzy but not like scenario in 1st post.
    Sky+ to recorder scart1(input) to TV (scart or composite)- terrible picture- like macrovision protection.
    I saw a thread on resetting sky+ box- doesn't work in this case.
    Why is Sky + box incompatible with Mustek DVD recorder via scart?