1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mustek PVR-H140 Cables/Video Rec

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LygerX, Jan 15, 2005.

1. LygerX

LygerX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a Mustek PVR-H140 and after some struggling managed to get it to work ok - the manual is not very detailed.

I can record from a live source EG: DVD, SKY, VCR, etc No Problem, but cannot figure out the PVR software to convert WMV, AVI files etc it seems to crash midway through convertind, does MP3 file OK though??
    It seems only to use the .ASF format for Video!!

Also the AV cable uses 3 Phono (I think thats what there called the RED, White, Yellow Plugs) To a three way Miniture Jack Plug, anyone got a link as to where I can get another one of these Leads or are they unique to Mustek??

On the Whole Very Happy with the PVR though, if anyone needs a hand post a message here :thumbsup: !!

2. PFa

PFa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one recently. Agree about the manual, its one of the worst I've ever seen, which is a shame as this unit appears to have many features, but just doesnt advise how to use them.

I think the AV cable is a fairly standard 3.5mm jack plug (4 way) to phono plugs. To be honest, If you have difficulty finding one, its probably just as easy to make one up which is what I'm going to do.

One feature I think is on the unit???? is a timer for recording AV inputs. Doesnt mention it at all in the manual!! I set it to record a dvd for 1.5 hrs overnight and in the morning it recorded 8Hrs!! How do you set this up??

3. Jefft

Jefft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Have you discovered that the sound goes out of sync with the picture after around 5 minutes yet?

Jeff