Mustek DVD PL-407H Portable player.

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by smallmanongn, Jul 18, 2004.

1. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mate got one of these from Toys 'R' Us yesterday for £160 including a free copy of Spiderman.
    The battery is a bit large and spoils the player somewhat when it is stuck on the back but other than that it seems to be a little smasher.
    The 7 inch widescreen seems to be quite sharp for the price and so far it has played everything thrown at it,CD-R/RW's,DVD-R/RWs,VCD,SVCD and MP3's all with no problems.
    It comes complete in a carrycase which holds all the stuff and has a set of earphones,AV leads to connect it to a TV and a 12V cigarette lighter lead.
    Lets put it this way I was so impressed I went out and got one as well!
    Just got to try the mutli region hack as well now then lunchtimes at work should go a lot smoother.

2. Cybersimmy

Cybersimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have recently bought the same player for my grandson(Spoilt Brat!!!). Do you have a Multi Region hack for the player? I have searched for one with no luck
    Thanks in advance
    Simmy

3. Kopil

Kopil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is the hack given on DVD reviewer for the 408 and should work for 407.

1. Press the Setup button on your remote control
    2. Press the Next button on your remote control
    3. Press the Previous button on your remote control
    4. Press the Next button on your remote control
    5. Press the Previous button on your remote control
    6. A code should appear on the onscreen display
    7. Using the Left and Right direction buttons on your remote control, change the code to VER 1 for region 1 playback, VER 2 for region 2, and so on, or VER 255 for multi-region playback
    NB: You may need to use the up and down buttons to select the region option before you change it
    8. Press the Setup button on your remote control
    9. Press the Setup button on your remote control
    10. Press the Play button on your remote control