Mustang pro guitar - play & help Part 2

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discussion can be continued from here!

My word, more postings than Mustangs actually in use!

Sweet Home Alabama is HARD and thats on Medium!

Ohhh might have to get that later tonight and give it a try :)
Learned it a fair many years ago so see if it comes back lol

bri

I'm going to have to start playing more of my DLC. I'd been leaving them and concentrating on the stock stuff, once I discovered the score doesn't affect your normal ranking (unless you go to the other leaderboard bit). I've now started to dabble in hard, so it's going to be a while before my hard scores affect my leaderboard status :)

I just wish it was easier to see at a glance on the music library screen which songs you've done on the different levels. Unless you go into the more info screen, all it shows is your best score, so if you've got say 5* on medium it just shows that, I'd rather it showed the harder level score if there is one, so if I got 5* on a medium song and only 3 on the same song on hard, I'd rater it showed 3* H, so I knew what songs I'd done and what I hadn't.

Some of the DLC, even on the supposed lower tiers are really difficult, most of them I can manage 3 or 4 stars easy enough, but there are a few that I can only manage 2*, I think there's definitely a Queen one and I'm pretty sure Sweet Home is one of them too, will have to have a look tonight.

Can the mustang be used in all modes, or just PRO.?

It can be used in all modes, but from my experience, I would only use it for pro.

I just wish it was easier to see at a glance on the music library screen which songs you've done on the different levels. Unless you go into the more info screen, all it shows is your best score.

Thats why I chart it with Score Hero and keep printouts for Pro Guitar Medium and Hard. Its interesting to see if a poor HARD score is better than a good MEDIUM score. Even my wife has her drum scores beside her now and checks every time to see if improved!

I did start to use it, but it seemed to take so long to load the site on my iPhone and the score page was so hit and miss, I stopped bothering. I could have written them down and added them next time I was on the computer and if I'd found the site when I first started playing pro, I might well have done that, but by the time I'd found the site, I'd already played most of the songs and it's such a pain to go into more info on each and every song to get the score, again I couldn't be bothered:D

If only there was an option to display songs by score rather than by stars.

I did start to use it, but it seemed to take so long to load the site on my iPhone and the score page was so hit and miss, I stopped bothering. I could have written them down and added them next time I was on the computer and if I'd found the site when I first started playing pro, I might well have done that, but by the time I'd found the site, I'd already played most of the songs and it's such a pain to go into more info on each and every song to get the score, again I couldn't be bothered:D

If only there was an option to display songs by score rather than by stars.

Reminds me, I can now download iphone score app I paid for, having finally upgraded Iphone OS.

Really struggling on hard:(

I don't know whether it's the buttons on the Mustang or my fingers:)

Never mind the more complex chords, I'm having a real struggle at times to keep some buttons pressed.

Was doing the training for Last Dance, one of the chords needs you to barre the 4th fret, hold down one of the middle buttons on 5 and press two buttons on 6. After the advice on here, I've stopped trying to use all my fingers as it tells you to do in training and barre the buttons on 6 as well. The trouble is not all the buttons seem to register. If I press them individually they all work fine, but not always together.

I can barre 4th and then press 5th button but when I barre 6th, either my either one of the buttons on 4 or the one on 5 shows as not being pressed.

Not too worried about the complexity of the chords as I know from medium that although they seem impossible to learn and remember now, with enough practice they'll come naturally. It's just the problem of whether it's the buttons or my fingers that's the problem:D

Really struggling on hard:(

I don't know whether it's the buttons on the Mustang or my fingers:)

Never mind the more complex chords, I'm having a real struggle at times to keep some buttons pressed.

Was doing the training for Last Dance, one of the chords needs you to barre the 4th fret, hold down one of the middle buttons on 5 and press two buttons on 6. After the advice on here, I've stopped trying to use all my fingers as it tells you to do in training and barre the buttons on 6 as well. The trouble is not all the buttons seem to register. If I press them individually they all work fine, but not always together.

I can barre 4th and then press 5th button but when I barre 6th, either my either one of the buttons on 4 or the one on 5 shows as not being pressed.

Not too worried about the complexity of the chords as I know from medium that although they seem impossible to learn and remember now, with enough practice they'll come naturally. It's just the problem of whether it's the buttons or my fingers that's the problem:D

It's your fingers. As you reach for the frets your barring finger bends and is no longer pressing the button down. Over time you will strengthen your barring finger as you get used to this - on a real guitar the sound is quite noticeable and you will find you may move your barre up or down so that a string no longer straddles a finger joint.

So once again, it all comes back to practice, practice, practice again ... No shortcuts:D

So once again, it all comes back to practice, practice, practice again ... No shortcuts:D

Unfortunately not!

After my initial hatred of Lowrider I managed to easily 5* it on expert today - I think it's one of those songs made harder by wanting to play the missing notes.

Made a video for Gooner playing last dance but only recorded my chord hand on the fretboard.
Taking the G# chord that u are having a few probs with, iv played it fully barred and also what i was saying in the last thread about not having to even barre the first part. You'll notice the shape the second time i play it
Not saying this is easier as u really need to learn to barre them fully but it certainly makes it a bit easier for some songs.
This was recorded on expert but only a few diffrent chords to worry about :)

Anyone needs anything filmed to hopefully try to help let me know and ill see what i can do

Bri

YouTube - Chord shape last dance

First 5* on hard:clap:

Ok, so it was only on Button to Button, but you gotta start somewhere:D

First 5* on hard:clap:

Ok, so it was only on Button to Button, but you gotta start somewhere:D

Thats the breakthrough and I bet, the same relieved and thrilled feeling of when you first 5-starred a medium song?

Four-starred and reached 92% on Midlife Crisis on hard last night, but the quick six note riff feels me with horror each time I see it come up especially as you have to dive down to 2nd fret and back very quickly. At one time, I was doubting ever be able to do it quickly enough, even on trainer.

Yep, felt great:D

To be honest, I'd found my interest in playing had dipped ever so slightly in the last couple of weeks, I actually went a whole week without playing, maybe it's because having 4/5* everything but Beast and the Harlot and my scores weren't rising.

Thankfully hard has reignited my passion, now I've got another challenge to work on.

Still having trouble with Low Rider, so no change there then:laugh: and I hate the solo in I Love Rock and Roll, but apart from that was doing OK, then I looked at Yoshimi:eek:

How the hell are you supposed to keep up with all those chords so close together, not to mention changing between chords:lease::D

Trying some of the harder new chords in the trainer and there's something wrong somewhere and I don't think it's my fingers. When barreing one fret and trying to hold down buttons on other frets not all the buttons are showing as pressed. Now whether this is a problem with the buttons themselves or the indicators at the top which turn green when you press the buttons.

I'm pretty sure it's not my fingers, I tried it with two hands, left hand barring fret 4, right hand pressing buttons on fret 6. All buttons register correctly on there own or when barred, it's just when you press some others go from showing pressed to not. Not sure how much of an actual problem it is because more often than not, it allows you to play the chord whether all lights again are green or not.

In other news, the wife has decided it might be pretty cool if I bought the Squier:clap:

On the condition that I get rid of the Mustang and one of my two five button guitars. No problem with that, I thought I'd have all sorts of problems getting the Squier past her. Just need a spare £200 now:)

How cool is that?! Mustang instructional videos!!! Nice one, tylerjosh, that's seriously awesome.

To be honest, I'd found my interest in playing had dipped ever so slightly in the last couple of weeks, I actually went a whole week without playing, maybe it's because having 4/5* everything but Beast and the Harlot and my scores weren't rising.

Same has happened to me on drums every now and then. I've gone weeks without playing them sometimes, but inevitably something makes me return. I tend to down sticks in the summer as loud music and open doors don't go down so well, plus it's extra hot and sticky. It's usually something on TV that awakens the sudden urge to play some songs on some instrument or other. I just don't force it, playing for pleasure.

In other news, the wife has decided it might be pretty cool if I bought the Squier:clap:

:thumbsup: Yay! :clap:

I know just what you mean about drumming in the summer, I have to take a break then too. What with the heat from my plasma + my amp + the hot weather, drumming is just too much:D

@gooner - yoshimi is easy :) full chords are much simpler and theres no lead solos. its a simple c em dm f g progression with am at the end :)

C and D I know, it's the ones in the middle I'll struggle with, haven't learnt them yet and the whole keeping up with that many strums in quick succession:)

I had the same misgivings when I first started on medium though, I never thought I'd ever learn to play a C, but now 9 times out of 10 I can just play it without even thinking :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom