Must have install's after new pc buy/built

Greek Enigma

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok let say ive just finished putting together all my pc
and its posted ok
so then i install windows,
motherboard drivers,graphic card drivers (is their other drivers needed?)
,antivirus,malwarebytes, etc
then connect to internet
download windows updates

then what???
java,km player (im lost from here in what i must have adobe maybe..which one etc)

any links or help please from a pro

thankyou

All I do is go to adobe.com and get Flash and Reader.
Go to Microsoft.com and get Direct X.
Microsoft for Live messenger if you use it. AV software I use Microsoft security essentials, it's free and integrates well.

All I do is go to adobe.com and get Flash and Reader.
Go to Microsoft.com and get Direct X.
Microsoft for Live messenger if you use it. AV software I use Microsoft security essentials, it's free and integrates well.

are you a pro builder?

i heard i need codecs and stuff on a new build
or does km player have them all built in

p.s i heard avast is now less resource hungry than mse

Pro build builder? Built around 60 machines over the years and repaired countless others.
Common thing I will do is wipe out someones PC as the whole thing got slow with countless programs and other things loaded when not needed.

I would suggest only putting on your new PC things you are going to use, not might use and not pack it out with loads of codecs etc just for the sake of it.
Avast is very good I use Avast (Full version) on my home network.
Windows 7 will have most of what you want to start with.

Pro build builder? Built around 60 machines over the years and repaired countless others.
Common thing I will do is wipe out someones PC as the whole thing got slow with countless programs and other things loaded when not needed.

I would suggest only putting on your new PC things you are going to use, not might use and not pack it out with loads of codecs etc just for the sake of it.
Avast is very good I use Avast (Full version) on my home network.
Windows 7 will have most of what you want to start with.

so codecs are not needed then?

just use windows 7 + avast (not mse?)
malwarebytes+spywareblaster+superanti spyware.
java+adobe flash+adobe reader+direct x
and then thats a pc setup?
just so many sites say about diff codecs to install
and i was like whats that etc

also one last thing
people say change the microsoft drivers for actual drivers on the make of motherboard
graphics card site
but how do i do that
as i want know what one is for my hardware etc?

also one last thing
people say change the microsoft drivers for actual drivers on the make of motherboard
graphics card site
but how do i do that
as i want know what one is for my hardware etc?
Jutst let windows 7 do it's thing it updates and installs driver so that everything works then you can update for newer drivers for say the graphics card (you go to the website), what else do you even need a driver for? wi-fi card maybe.
And within windows itself you can search for new drivers - although it never seems to find one for my GPU

Last edited:
Jutst let windows 7 do it's thing it updates and installs driver so that everything works then you can update for newer drivers for say the graphics card (you go to the website), what else do you even need a driver for? wi-fi card maybe.
And within windows itself you can search for new drivers - although it never seems to find one for my GPU

when you update drivers (do the old ones need uninstalling?)
or does that happen automatically

when you update drivers (do the old ones need uninstalling?)
or does that happen automatically
no they stay on the system but you are just using a different one and you always have the option to "Rollback Driver" to the previous one if things are not working so well. If you change to a new Graphics card you are supposed to remove the old drivers before you instal it or it can cause problems. All this can be done in Device Mansger, it is very easy to use

no they stay on the system but you are just using a different one and you always have the option to "Rollback Driver" to the previous one if things are not working so well. If you change to a new Graphics card you are supposed to remove the old drivers before you instal it or it can cause problems. All this can be done in Device Mansger, it is very easy to use

got ya cheers

(i would really like a website or forum)
that had all pc info
so i could quickly look at stuff i might forget

but thank ma8

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom