1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must be jinxed...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Timmy B, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last year I ordered Twin Peaks r1 for my brother for xmas from movietyme. It never arrived. After about 12 emails and zero responses I gave up.

Now I have ordered it from Play and it was shipped about a week ago but have not recieved it:(

I'm afraid that if I now buy the r2 a piano will fall on my head or something. Someone does not want me to get this dvd!

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Bad news mate, why did you give up with movietyme? did they refund you? I would never give up on dvds that i didnt get.

3. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did give up in the end:(

So many emails sent! I phoned my credit card company and they said they would refund it from my card.

Still, I have never used them again, so its their loss!

All I use now is dvd.co.uk for r2, dvdboxoffice and cdnow for r1.

I also just recently used cdjapan and was surprised that their service was pretty decent. The ER boxsets look so cool - the tinyest dvd boxset I have ever seen - just half an inch bigger than the dvd its self.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! As well as those ...

CD-WOW.com for R1, 2, 3, 4 - superb customer service, best I ever experienced

SplashDVD.com for R2 - bit slow to despatch sometimes, but cheap

Play.com for R1, 2 - never had anything go missing, but some people have; they're always polite to me on the phone and very helpful

www.absound.ca for R1 - cheap, slow to despatch stuff that isn't in stock, never had anything go missing but had a delay to one order (UK customs though, not their fault)

www.ezydvd.com.au for R4 - cheap, quick to despatch, put a really low value on the envelopes so you don't get hit by customs ;), superb customer service

www.atlanticdvd.com.au for R4 - cheap, friendly enough

I use them all.

Maybe you are just not meant to get Twin Peaks Season 1 because someone upstairs has a plan for you to buy the complete box set or something :D I doubt you'll have a problem getting Play to ship another one to you but remember it's Christmas - it can take an age to get stuff. A week is nothing, particularly at this time of year - I have sometimes received stuff from Play even after 3 or 4 weeks (and even when they had shipped lots of other stuff afterwards that arrived before the earlier stuff) :)