1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MusicMatch command-line control is "unsupported" and "proprietary"

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rgunther, Mar 18, 2003.

1. rgunther

rgunther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Background
    I've been using MusicMatch Plus and MusicMatch Radio for years now. I love it. I specifically think that the ripping options are better than many others and that their the sound quality and variety of their radio stations in unsurpassed. Unfortunately, it's hard to control externally (e.g., with HomeSeer) without sending keystrokes (which is far less than reliable).

My questions
    For the past few months, I've been trying to get answers from MusicMatch about how I could control various specific features through command-line parameters. They've been less than helpful. The MusicMatch helpdesk is friendly and responsive, but they always reported that these capabilities were unavailable.

This weekend, I specifically requested a list of the command-line startup options available for MusicMatch.

The sad answer from MusicMatch
    "MusicMatch Jukebox does not support use of command line operation and the information you are requesting is propritary information which cannot be shared."

My response
    It's time for me to spread the news of this company's shortsighted strategy. From my perspective, their strategy removes MusicMatch from the arena for distributed home media server use.

Additionally, it looks like it's time for me to adopt different music and radio server software. I might suggest that you do the same.