Musicians/producers. Post your tunes here.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
@mark1080p and @DemonAV messed about with a song idea I was playing with a year or two ago. They did some great stuff with some pretty rough wav files I sent them, the results of which are probably still in this thread somewhere.

Just thought I'd post a vid from a recent jam, this is a reworked version of the original Eject influenced by the excellent remixes. The song has been going down well acoustically, but the addition of drums is really making it kick. Sorry for the audio quality, this is back line only..

mark1080p

@mark1080p and @DemonAV messed about with a song idea I was playing with a year or two ago. They did some great stuff with some pretty rough wav files I sent them, the results of which are probably still in this thread somewhere.

Just thought I'd post a vid from a recent jam, this is a reworked version of the original Eject influenced by the excellent remixes. The song has been going down well acoustically, but the addition of drums is really making it kick. Sorry for the audio quality, this is back line only..

I love it...

Drums definately enhances this great song. The Guitar riffs, as I’m sure i said before are very catchy.

Do you reckon you will do a record studio quality version in the future?

Toasty

Distinguished Member
My intention is to include this on an album I was scheduled to record over summer. However, I'm a touch behind on the writing, with only have a handful of quality songs penned atm. I'm hopeful I'll be back on track after a few gigs I have coming up, we'll see..

mark1080p

My intention is to include this on an album I was scheduled to record over summer. However, I'm a touch behind on the writing, with only have a handful of quality songs penned atm. I'm hopeful I'll be back on track after a few gigs I have coming up, we'll see..
Sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead. In the meantime, Definitely worth posting that vid on other social media outlets like twitter

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
That's great Toasty and if you ever want anything else remixing just PM me ;)

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Thanks One Trick Pony for the retweet & like. I rarely look at Twitter. It's appreciated.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Here's a new one from me. Bit of cheezy handbag House.
Thanks.

Oh Yeah!

Last edited:

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
1000 Cuts this thread has been fairly lean of late. I still post the occasional tune every so often but it's a lot more sleepy than it was a couple of years ago. I occasionally produce something but it's a lot rarer than it was in the past. Great that you've posted and I need to et back on the DAW to start producing some new tunes. Here's something that I did a couple of years ago and to be honest sitting here after a few beers and a couple of J's I forgot how good this EP sounds. Take a listen everybody.

mark1080p

I too rarely come on here to post tunes, ever since the app died my AVF activity is almost
Nonexistent.

I’ve also given up on soundcloud too, as I was paying £90 a year and wasn’t getting anything back from it.

Managed to get on Spotify so here’s my link

Doghouse Riley

Over the years I've had six electric pianos, this is the latest it's a Yamaha Tyros 5. Yamaha call it a "work station."
The features on it are mind-boggling, most of which I don't use. What I play is what you get. I don't go back and edit anything. I can't be bothered.

P1030253.JPG

I like the huge number of styles and voices available. You can play and record your own vocals and it will harmonise your voice, "making you sound twice as bad." So I never sing.
I subscribe to a dedicated Yamaha keyboard players' message board, where we share our recordings, usually with links to "Box." I must have more than 200 recordings of mine I've uploaded.

A lot of tunes I busk, I like to chuck in a few jazz chords to get away from tunes that have several bars with just one chord.

I only play for my own amusement.

I like to play standards, some Motown and vintage pop.

Here's a few examples.

A couple of jazz standards

A tune used to advertise cash machines on TV a long while back

A much maligned tune but like to play it.

Something "Christmassy"

I used my own chords on this one I've no idea if they are the right ones.

I also play tenor sax (badly).

Trending threads

Latest news

Samsung applies for Q-Symphony trademark for TVs and soundbars
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Hi-Fi Products 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Ed Selley
  • Published
McIntosh releases DA2 Digital Audio Module Upgrade Kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published