Musicians/producers. Post your tunes here.

I have been taking guitar lessons again after a 3 year hiatus and I'm really enjoying getting back to playing again. Here's a track that my tutor sent me to play along with so I recorded the lead using my trusty Eppy Les Paul with new Seymour Duncan Blues pickups that I had installed a couple of weeks ago. My playing is a bit too busy on this track and I need to use more modal phrases, less is more.
Em Funky Blues. A Taylor

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been a bit quiet lately as I actually landed a job lecturing in sound engineering. On top of learning the course I've had to learn ProTools as well so it's been pretty heavy going. Hoping it's gonna calm down a bit soon so I can get some recording done.

Started using this forum a little more lately...... I don't consider myself a particularly good producer or anything, but its good to share and get advice/tips/constructive criticism

Don't think I can embed soundcloud links can i?

Run Away - Runaway - b!shbashbosh

Bass Drop - Bass drop - b!shbashbosh

Sounds great on my phone. Will have a proper listen over the weekend. Welcome onboard.

Just remixed The Revolutionist by Gang Starr.
Was originally an instrumental called the Witch but I wasn't happy as it needed a vocal, so I tried to record one and it was rubbish, so I ended up adding the Gang Starr accapella and added some female accapellas as well which both run at 80bpm, the same as the track lucky enough. I'm happy with the final result.

The Revolutionist Remix (Vocal Version)

The Revolutionist (Instrumental mix)

Last edited:
I am trying a few vocal elements in my new house track, not singing but going for trippy words and such... Been really enjoying adding delays and the logic stock vocal transformer. Would be interested to see what the Roland can do...

I had it delivered this morning. Had issues getting it up and running with Logic X via USB even though I have installed the latest drivers. My mac recognises it as a midi outboard but when I go into Logic I can't access it under software instrument or audio. Weird but I have it working now as an analogue device as I've plugged it into my Saffire Pro 14 via audio cable and am recording it as an audio file as I would if I had a guitar plugged in. Sounds great but I need more time to play around with as I'm off to work now.

Ever since upgrading to El Capitan my logic sessions have crashed on several occasions. Also I have shied away from Track Stacks to date but decided to give them a whirl but cannot seem to create them anymore. As you can see in screenshot I have clicked on my kick>Create Track stack.... And it gives me a weird audio header called Sub 2.... Any ideas??
ImageUploadedByAVForums1446216862.216298.jpg

Not sure about track stacks as I've never used Logic this way. I don't even know what that means?
As for Logic crashing, have you changed your buffer size, switched to low latency mode or set the freeze settings on your instrument/audio tracks? If not watch this video for pointers.

EDIT. Just done a bit of Googling regarding your issue and I don't know enough about track stacking to offer any constructive help I'm afraid, I will have to have a go at trying this over this weekend. I have found this simple tutorial though, it may be of help?

LOGIC PRO X TUTORIAL: NEW FEATURE USING TRACK STACKS

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom