MUSICCAST BAR 40 WHICH SUBWOOFER

joysleep1

'And only one website selling it so it seems strange' Oh boy!

BK Electronics is a 'factory direct' manufacturer/supplier - the concept being you are not adding a margin for Mr Richer Sounds or Mr Amazon to the manufactured cost so in terms of value for money it is a brilliant proposition.

Obviously if you wish to pay money to a middle man+Amazon or Richer Sounds you should look at what they have to offer :)

Joe

PS You can order BK kit via Amazon UK!
Hmm

Ok I'm looking to possibly a 2nd hand one
See my photo for set up
Subwoofer would be placed on bottom right where the current one is.
This sub has the speaker facing down into the floor. How does that make sense? Surely the speaker should face the viewer?

joysleep1

Hmm

Ok I'm looking to possibly a 2nd hand one
See my photo for set up
Subwoofer would be placed on bottom right where the current one is.
This sub has the speaker facing down into the floor. How does that make sense? Surely the speaker should face the viewer?
I mean the gemini subwoofer

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
S/H - you may have just missed one here on AVF, For Sale - BK Gemini II Subwoofer with SubDude

Downward facing driver - Sealed box, Ported box, Forward facing, Downward facing, Open Baffle, Dual Drivers, In-wall, In-floor, In-ceiling, Rotary vanes… 101 different Sub designs.

They all work on the principal that bass is non directional so not a worry which way or where the bass drivers are facing, my car has a ‘Sub’ in the boot!

Joe

joysleep1

S/H - you may have just missed one here on AVF, For Sale - BK Gemini II Subwoofer with SubDude

Downward facing driver - Sealed box, Ported box, Forward facing, Downward facing, Open Baffle, Dual Drivers, In-wall, In-floor, In-ceiling, Rotary vanes… 101 different Sub designs.

They all work on the principal that bass is non directional so not a worry which way or where the bass drivers are facing, my car has a ‘Sub’ in the boot!

Joe
Oh right OK.
OK will keep a look out.
It just seems strange for the speakers to be directed to the ground

joysleep1

Hey guys.
So I was looking around for a 2nd hand bk sub but the cheapest was around 160+

I managed to bid and win a Bowers & Wilkins ASW608 subwoofer for 117 pounds. Good condition

I think it's a good deal and the reviews look very promising for this subwoofer.
Anyone have this or know about this particular brand?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
ASW608 similar spec to the original Gemini with an 8" Driver - the Gemini11 has a larger 10" driver.

Hopefully does its stuff for you.

Joe

PS B&W are a very well respected UK Loudspeaker brand.

joysleep1

ASW608 similar spec to the original Gemini with an 8" Driver - the Gemini11 has a larger 10" driver.

Joe

Thanks for you approval Joe.
Feel much better
Can't wait to set everything up. One question is. There are a lot of controls at the back. I have zero knowledge on what settings to use. I plan to hook this up with my music bar 40 and mainly use it for regular TV watching football and movies only.
What does crossover mean? And the rest of the stuff?
If I control the volume of the soundbar. Should the sub also be changed?

Any advice would help.?
Thanks

joysleep1

Joe

I take its there's no even point hooking up my musiccast 100 Sub right?
The AsW completely kills it in every aspect and there is no advantage the yamaha has except having an ethernet port and being wireless right?

outoftheknow

Thanks for you approval Joe.
Feel much better
Can't wait to set everything up. One question is. There are a lot of controls at the back. I have zero knowledge on what settings to use. I plan to hook this up with my music bar 40 and mainly use it for regular TV watching football and movies only.
What does crossover mean? And the rest of the stuff?
If I control the volume of the soundbar. Should the sub also be changed?

Any advice would help.?
Thanks

:rtfm::laugh:

Seriously read the manual and if you have questions about how subwoofers work or should be set (outside of the ones that come with soundbars) please ask n the appropriate forum.

outoftheknow

I take its there's no even point hooking up my musiccast 100 Sub right?
The AsW completely kills it in every aspect and there is no advantage the yamaha has except having an ethernet port and being wireless right?
I’m not sure I understand why you are asking this? You looked for a MNF found a wired sub that is superior in every way to the one provided with the soundbar - I doubt anyone is going to suggest you should stick with that one.

I get that you are venturing into an area (subwoofers) you aren’t familiar with, but if you have questions about getting the best out of the BW, as above please head into an appropriate forum. Members can then provide on topic advice so you get the best out of your subwoofer purchase, and clear up any understandable concerns/queries you have about the murky world of subwoofers:)

Last edited:

joysleep1

I’m not sure I understand why you are asking this? You looked for a found a wired sub that is superior in every way to the one provided with the soundbar - I doubt anyone is going to suggest you should stick with that one.

I get that you are ventiring into an area (subwoofers) you aren’t familiar with, but if you have questions about getting the best out of the BW, as above please head into an appropriate forum. Members can then provide on topic advice so you get the best out of your subwoofer purchase, and clear up any understandable concerns/queries you have about the murky world of subwoofers:)

Thanks
Sorry about that

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom