Question MusicCast app - household with 2 users

Hajea

Novice Member
Reaction score
wife and I both have the Yamaha music cast app on our smart phones to control Yamaha WXA-50 and ceiling speakers in 2 locations. Whose app has priority when both apps are active? Is there an easy way to tell whose app is the "active" app? Or does the WXA-50 just respond to the most recent command? What happens if we unknowingly push opposite commands at the same time (eg mute and unmute, louder and softer)?

Hang on I just nip to the shops and purchase an exact same setup as yours and will test it for you :facepalm:

Hang on I just nip to the shops and purchase an exact same setup as yours and will test it for you :facepalm:

That is a very unfair response. Thankfully, it's not how every query is answered on AVF.

Last edited:
I just tried it on mine and as expected the last command is the one that occurs (has priority). You can always see the action of the other person as this is reflected in the App immediately.

That is a very unfair response. Thankfully, it's not how every query is answered on AVF.
But as he has that setup in place then why is asking others to test it for him, cannot he test it himself? Always very happy to help people with genuine enquiries but when they own the tech and cannot be bothered to test or try something that they could easily try for themselves - well!

There is no way to lock another user out / create a master phone or tablet.
As mentioned, all changes are instantly reflected on both devices.
You can, however, hide rooms from a phone or tablet, this means that the MusicCast zone won't show up when you log into MusicCast on that phone etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom