1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musical Fidelity X-80 or Rotel RA-01 and Monitor Audio B2 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by fastkam, Jan 9, 2005.

1. fastkam

fastkam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I am looking for a decent Integrated Amplifier and Bookshelf Speakers for my bedroom (single room) that would also be adequate if moved to a master bedroom.

I've read up on the MF amps. I would prefer the X-150 but its just not in my budget right now. I have not heard the X-80 but from reading review, its supposed to be good. I've heard the RA-01 with some loudspeakers at a hi-fi store and it sounded impressive. But I need some bookshelf speakers instead and would prefer if they were wall mountable.

But there are so many issues trying to get a good amp/speaker combination.

I listen all types of music from rock - stones, stooges, punk - clash, funk - prince, house, accoustic, blues, electronic - depeche mode, pet shop boys so I would need something that get the best sound from my music collection. I listen to music at medium - high volume and want sound to loud and proud if I were to have a party.

I am looking to buy from ebay and hi-fi dealers to get the most from my budget <£500.00

If I were to stretch my budget, my ideal system would be the Musical Fidelity X-150, X-Ray V3 CD player and not sure which bookshelf speakers would be best but let me know if you have any ideas.

I would appeciate good expert or experience advice.

Many thanks,

Kam :)

2. fastkam

fastkam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amps:

Arcam A65 Plus

NAD 320BEE

Denon PMA255

Yamaha AX396

Arcam Alpha 9

MARANTZ PM 7200

Speakers:

Quad 11L - some review have said its a little weak on bass

B&W DM602 series 3

Cyrus CLA70

Acoustic Energy AELITE 2

Mission 751

Dynaudio Audience 52

What good combos can you make from the above? Any comments on any of the above would help.

Thanks again.