Musical Fidelity X-80 or Rotel RA-01 and Monitor Audio B2 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

F

fastkam

Basically I am looking for a decent Integrated Amplifier and Bookshelf Speakers for my bedroom (single room) that would also be adequate if moved to a master bedroom.

I've read up on the MF amps. I would prefer the X-150 but its just not in my budget right now. I have not heard the X-80 but from reading review, its supposed to be good. I've heard the RA-01 with some loudspeakers at a hi-fi store and it sounded impressive. But I need some bookshelf speakers instead and would prefer if they were wall mountable.

But there are so many issues trying to get a good amp/speaker combination.

I listen all types of music from rock - stones, stooges, punk - clash, funk - prince, house, accoustic, blues, electronic - depeche mode, pet shop boys so I would need something that get the best sound from my music collection. I listen to music at medium - high volume and want sound to loud and proud if I were to have a party.

I am looking to buy from ebay and hi-fi dealers to get the most from my budget <£500.00

If I were to stretch my budget, my ideal system would be the Musical Fidelity X-150, X-Ray V3 CD player and not sure which bookshelf speakers would be best but let me know if you have any ideas.

I would appeciate good expert or experience advice.

Many thanks,

Kam :)

Amps:

Arcam A65 Plus

NAD 320BEE

Denon PMA255

Yamaha AX396

Arcam Alpha 9

MARANTZ PM 7200

Speakers:

Quad 11L - some review have said its a little weak on bass

B&W DM602 series 3

Cyrus CLA70

Acoustic Energy AELITE 2

Mission 751

Dynaudio Audience 52

What good combos can you make from the above? Any comments on any of the above would help.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom