1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musical Fidelity X-10 v3 technical help - wiring into tape loop?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by LupoLoopy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. LupoLoopy

LupoLoopy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,
    I purchased a MF X-10v3 to put in between my CD player & my MF A3 amplifier. After getting it, I read a load of articles on the web saying it could be put in the 'tape loop' of my integrated amplifier. Now my understanding of this is that it would allow me to use the X-10v3 for all of my devices, selecting the one I want to listen to using my amp (& selecting the tape-monitor function). As I have loads of different sources running into my amp, this would be desirable for me to maximize the return on my investment. I've wired the amp tape output to the X-10 input, then I've wired the x-10 output to the tape input of my amp. The problem is, there's no difference in sound between the 'normal sound' coming out when the tape monitor isnt selected, and the 'X-10v3 sound', when monitor is selected. Have I messed up my wiring somewhere along the line?
    Thanks...

2. penumbra

penumbra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, have you got 2 tape inputs? if so are you monitering the correct one, also some amps have a 'direct' button which bypasses tone controls (for a cleaner signal path) on some amps this also bypasses the tape loops as well.
    hope it works!
    Jaz