Musical Fidelity M8xi Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

matthewpiano78

That's a good read, and it sounds like a very rewarding piece of kit. I'm just a kid in a sweetie shop looking at this, and my entry-level M2si works brilliantly for me, but it's great to see MF continuing to build quality kit throughout their range.

Steve Stifler

I didn’t realise MF had new owners. This’ll “blow the bloody doors off” (again)🗯

Nice review thanks 👍

hosstifa

Thanks Ed for the review. I have the M6si, and I can't imagine needing more power for my Kef Reference 1's however, perhaps in the future!?! I feed mine DSD256 via a Topping D90 from HQ Player and it sounds great. I hope this new model sells as I do like the brand.

Jokerr

The performance of this Amplifier can also be evaluated by determining how it handles the song “Yah Yah Ding Dong”.

Test play “Yah Yah Ding Dong” on it.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Ja! Of course . lol
It weighs almost as much as two bags of cement! Christ on a bike!

StratManSi

I'm pretty sure that remote is the same as one I got with my first TV 30 years ago which was the cheapest 14" CRT from Argos...

matthewpiano78

I'm pretty sure that remote is the same as one I got with my first TV 30 years ago which was the cheapest 14" CRT from Argos...

Yes, MF remotes look and feel a bit cheap, but overall build quality of the unit, even at M2, level is superb.

alainrj

Standard Member
Why such tiny display window on the amp? You cant read it from most listening positions. Deal breaker for me especially at that price!

Blupetros

Why such tiny display window on the amp? You cant read it from most listening positions. Deal breaker for me especially at that price!
Not in relation to the size of it, look at the photo of it on the rack. How big do you need it?

bogart99

A lot of people knock the remote control. Okay is not going to win any design awards but not half as bad as some people, most probably those who do not own one, make out. At least I can press just the button I need and not the ones either side at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom