Musical Fidelity M6sR DAC

DanielP74

Novice Member
Reaction score
I currently have a NAD C658 blue sound streamer running to a NAD C 268 power amp then on to Dali Oberon 5’s. I’m very happy with this set up apart from one thing, the sound quality of headphone output. Therefore I’m considering purchasing a headphone amp/dac.
I’m wondering if you guys had any recommendations and if you you think a small dedicated headphone amp or a full blown headphone/dac combination like the Musical Fidelity M6sR would be worth it?
Thanks.

Do you want the headphones to run off your hifi or would you be happy if they ran off your phone/tablet?

Off of the hifi, mainly for music but also while watching movies at night. I have a Loxjie D30 I use for the computer but cant decide if to go for another smaller cheaper one or use it as an excuse to upgrade the system.

You can connect a headphone amp to either the streamer or the power amp both have a line out though you best check with your manual. You would need one with a built in DAC. Having one tends to double the cost of the headphone amp. You do want your best quality audio going to the headphone amp.

Like everything in this game it depends on how deep your pockets are and what headphones will be driven. I have fondness of Lehmann products.

Thanks Gibbsy.
Well, I could spend lower end Lehman money on a pure headphone amp, like the Linear, or a bit more on something like the Musical fidelity M6sr to incorporate in between the NAD’s.
Auditioning anything is impossible at the moment and I’m questioning how much of an improvement the M6sR would make overall.
Do you think the Lehman Linear would suit a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron?

Do you think the Lehman Linear would suit a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron?
I've never listened to any Beyerdynamic headphones, something I should really try and remedy. The Lehmann will drive anything without problems. I run Oppo PM1 planars and Shure SRH 1540 closed backs. It's a stunning amp with the Oppos, brilliant soundstage and separation. When Sennheiser unveiled the 800s to the world at the Munich show it was the Linear that was used to demo them. That shows the pedigree of the Lehmann.

AudioT stock the Lehmann and will offer a home demo. I spent an hour auditioning it at my local branch as headphone amps don't really need to be in your home. I've got a good memory, I can remember when you could actually visit dealers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom