Musical Fidelity M6si or Arcam SA30 for Monitor A Silver 200 7G

Soufiene

Novice Member
Hello,

I have bought the Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G floorstanding speakers. For the moment I am running them with a Rega Brio amplifier, it is good but I want to upgrade.

I have seen many suggesting the Roksan Attessa for the Silver 200 7G, but I think may be the Musical Fidelity M6si or the Arcam SA30 would sound better (I can stretch my budget.) I put the speakers in the sitting room, I assume it is large enough: 8m x 4m (about 26 feet x 13 feet).

The Arcam SA30 is also a DAC and a network streamer. I already have the network CD player Arcam CDS50.
Would the SA30's DAC sound better than the CDS50's one?

I don't have a car to carry the floorstanding speakers and demo them.

Thanks.

Alan Weir 1

I would also add the Lyngdorf 1120 to the list if you are considering the SA30.

Both have a form of room correction on board and from what I have read the Lyngdorf is a far simpler and more in depth set up than the SA30.

I have no experience with the Arcam but do use the Lyngdorf in my main system and its an amazing little box.

Ataripower

I agree with the previous post that the Lyngdorf 1120 has a better and more user friendly interface and it's streaming experience is superior. However as an amplifier the SA30 is just miles ahead. When I was comparing the two, I was blown away by the performance of the Arcam and found the Lyngdorf to be lacking somewhat. I guess it depends what's more important to you

Soufiene

Novice Member
I agree with the previous post that the Lyngdorf 1120 has a better and more user friendly interface and it's streaming experience is superior. However as an amplifier the SA30 is just miles ahead. When I was comparing the two, I was blown away by the performance of the Arcam and found the Lyngdorf to be lacking somewhat. I guess it depends what's more important to you
Thank you for your reply. I think the amplification is more important to me. I want an amplifier that can get the best of the Silver 200 7G.

Kapkirk

Thank you for your reply. I think the amplification is more important to me. I want an amplifier that can get the best of the Silver 200 7G.
I would definitely consider the Arcam, Monitor Audio and Arcam have excellent synergy and sound good together. Some people have complained about Roon not working properly and slow software updates of the Arcam so bare that in mind but just an an amplifier it's still very good.
I think the DAC is essentially the same as the CD50 so should sound similar.
If you can't stretch to the £2000 asking price of the Arcam and as you already have streaming from the CDP then also consider the Denon PMA1600NE another fantastic amplifier that works incredibly well with Monitor Audio and often goes under the Radar ..and shouldn't.

acgingersnaps

Hi. I recently upgraded from a Rega Elex R to the Lyngdorf TDAI 1120. A noticeable upgrade in amplification, even without the room correction and sub integration. With those it's a solid "wow".
Your speakers are easy to drive and the Lyngdorf would handle them easily.

A home demo is your best bet. The dealer I used paid for shipping of the demo and then also of the new product, when I decided to buy. He also gave me a fair price for my Rega in part ex and paid for shipping for that as well.
A home demo will extend the processbut also make sure that your £2k goes to the best place for you and your room.

Lotusj oey

Another vote for the SA30. I haven't heard the lyngdorf but I auditioned a lot of amps when I was buying and nothing I heard came anywhere near in terms of musicality. On a daily basis it surprises me how good it sounds.

There were a few software issues early on but any that I am aware of have been resolved in the last updates. Dirac does take a little while to figure out (I almost think it has too much flexibility) but once you get your head around it the improvements are phenomenal tbh.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom