Musical Fidelity M2si Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

the reviewer wasn’t actually able to try them out with the LS50s but thought they would work well due to the peak to peak current rating.

owners who have tried them with the LS50s above in this thread have provided mixed feedback with @ashenfie saying it’s similar to the Audiolab 6000.

I’m currently looking to buy some LS50s and this makes the short list for what to power them with for sure. I do rather like the idea of it being a pure amplifier too and I don’t need a phone stage or headphone amp. I don’t mind adding DACs separately as that technology moves at quite a different pace to amps and I can imagine wanting to upgrade a DAC sooner than the amp.

anyone able to compare this against the Arcam SA20, CXA81 or Azur 851a? Those are the others I’m considering.

I had the MF3i for a couple of years and really enjoyed it, so much so, I upgraded to the M6si!

I take the approach to keep everything separate, so I can upgrade the bit I need to upgrade when ready/needed. I currently have my M6si fed from a Topping D90 DAC into some Kef Reference 1 speakers. I really enjoy the combination. I am wondering about the upgrade potential for the amp, John Sampson (ex MF engineer) offers this service.

Anyway, I do like the MF kit, mine is black and just sits and does its job, no fuss!

Without wanting to hijack this thread, does anyone have experience of the M5si amp? I'm weighing up whether to upgrade to this, or Roksan Caspian M2 (which would match my CD player), or something else in that area of the market such as the Exposure 3010S2D.

Attachments

• CC4E7B9B-F475-4A3A-B64F-F28FC8D34275.jpeg
    CC4E7B9B-F475-4A3A-B64F-F28FC8D34275.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 217
Without wanting to hijack this thread, does anyone have experience of the M5si amp? I'm weighing up whether to upgrade to this, or Roksan Caspian M2 (which would match my CD player), or something else in that area of the market such as the Exposure 3010S2D.
I have the M5Si and it was a toss up between that and the Roksan - on the dealer advice I went with the MF to "match" my PMC speakers. If you need to know anything else let me know.

I have the M5Si and it was a toss up between that and the Roksan - on the dealer advice I went with the MF to "match" my PMC speakers. If you need to know anything else let me know.
Thanks, that's helpful to know. Did you audition both (or indeed either), obviously a bit tricky at the moment.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. Did you audition both (or indeed either), obviously a bit tricky at the moment.
I didn't, just went for the M5Si based on dealer advice on my setup. The returns / auditions would have been fine though, I think everyone is realistic these days. Could be worth consulting with a dealer.

Nice setup stranger!
A few years back I went
X-A1 to M3 to kW500 with matching CD players.
All superb.
I currently have a meridian power amp driving my front pair in my av setup but this M2 is tempting me to sell that and get the MF 😈

Roksan Blak is quite the beast though! Wonderful fit with PMC!

I recently acquired the m2si pairing with my Wharfedale Denton 85th. For the price there is no comparison IMHO. BUT i found the power abit lacking and recently acquired a PS Audio Stellar 300 as power amplifier to the m2si powering the Denton and the sound opens quite abit.

I was told the pre-amp section of the m2si is the same across all the M series range. Anybody can confirm this?

I also do own the m6si paired with the Wharfedale Jade 7 and there is similar sound signature.

Just acquired m2si second hand to help boost my sonos 5.1 sound for tv & dvd. The sonos 5.1 does give a weighty bass and excellent Play3 surround sound. However it is lacking somewhat in lower mids to higher frequencies coming from the front.

The m2si, via a Sonos Port, fed into b&w 805s provides the missing jigsaw pieces that i was looking for.

A deeply immersive sound with films and music is now the upshot. A quality amplifier.

Thinking of picking one of these up to go with b&w cm7 and a bluesound node 2i not that i have one yet. I only need the h t bypass to go to my denon. any thoughts on this arrangement

Can someone please confirm.. 2si vs 3si - differences are more Watts, phono stage and dac?

If I don't need phono, have external DAC and enough Watts - no point paying extra?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom