Musical Fidelity CD player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Scotlandgadgets, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Scotlandgadgets

Scotlandgadgets

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, my question is i have been offered a Musical Fidelity X-RAY V8 CD which seems to have great reviews but i understand it needs a separate power supply (which i hv to be honest and say i don’t hv the funds to purchase at the moment) the reset of my MF system consists of the Musical Fidelity PSU V3 supply, and the V3 Musical Fidelity headphone amp.

Is there any way of powering it with the PSU v3 (or any other cost affective method) or am i just wasting in my time.

Thanks for any help or advice :thumbsup:

The power supply i belive that should be used is a Musical Fidelity TRIPLE X POWER SUPPLY

2. MazsterUk

MazsterUk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    i would contact MF and ask their technicicans that you need some help. Do explain that you have no funds and will not for the foreseeable future to buy the power unit. They can maybe give the power input requirements and or a suitable alternative.
    They will, however, try their best to get you to buy their power unit and will say that other alternatives are not suppoted nor recommended. You just have to get to speak to someone that will be willing to point you in the right direction.
    I cant recommend an alternative as i have no idea about that.

m

3. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I've had the Xray V8 and to be honest you are wasting your time tring to power it through the XPSU V3.

Yes you can use the XXX PSU or the X170.

I dont know what you are planning to pay for the V8 but a good 2nd hand V3 should be c£400 or the A3.5 is £500 new.