1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musical Fidelity A5 or A308? ***(URGENT HELP NEEDED)***

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by SugarMedia, Feb 26, 2005.

1. SugarMedia

SugarMedia
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey gang...

Could use some serious advice from those experienced with Musical Fidelity products.

I'm going to buy a Integrated Amp and CD player next week and have limited my search to MF products. The will be paired up with Martin Logan Aeon-i, which is a power hungry, 4-Ohm speaker.

For the first time, I've recently started to hear some negative things about the new A5 integrated amp and CD Player series and wondered what others think about it in comparison to the A308 integrated and A308 Cd Player.

Both are being offered at the same price.

• The A5 seems as if it may be difficult to wire on the amp? It appears bi-wiring isn't available...Any thoughts?

• Is my dealer really just trying to push the A308 on me since the A5 is replacing it? He seems to think the 308 is much better all around. Any thoughts?

• Is the A5's CD player tray really loose? I've heard when tipped up side down it will fall open. Any thoughts?

• I hear the A5 amp will distort some at 12 noon. Anyone else experience this?

• Does the CD PLayer have a bug where it needs to be turned off at times just from inserting a CD in it?

Thanks and please share your thoughts...good or bad.

Regards.

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    1. I don't see the urgency.
    2. You've crossposted to three different forums.
    3. I can't help you.

3. SugarMedia

SugarMedia
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a jack ass in every crowd, isn't there?

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    SugarMedia, I accept you are new to the forums, but regardless to what is posted, you MUST NOT use the trading rating system for anything other than when buying or selling items from members on the forums.

Please do not let this happen again.

5. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Incidently, you have cross posted this on 4 forums in total. If you cross post again in such a fashion, a ban will be forthcoming. Common sense says you don't do it, surely?