Musical Fidelity A3.5 - is X Series finished ???????

OneDesi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just been looking at the MF website and saw the new A3.5 range of stuff - looks nicer and probably chepaer than the A5 stuff IMHO :) .

Does anybody know if this is the end of the road for the current X Series as I have seen a few places clearing out the X Series stuff and this can only be to make way for the new range!

All my gear will now be worthless (I'm going to go back to the old X series stuff, at least it holds its value!!). :rolleyes:

X Series will be discontinued by August. The new A3.5 series are £1000 per box.

Crustyloafer said:

Crusty

Why is the X series being discontinued I tohught lifestyle products with quality sound were all the rage?

Crustyloafer said:

Excellent, I've been waiting for the X-Ray V3 to come down in price! :)

gsrai said:
Crusty

Why is the X series being discontinued I tohught lifestyle products with quality sound were all the rage?

Judging by Anthony Michaelson's indirect quote in September's Hi-Fi News the X-150 was not as bigger seller as hoped. I agree that it was a beautiful looking and sounding range and would hold on to it for now - it was a while before earlier X-series components started to attract higher prices on Ebay and perhaps these will eventually do the same.

M0rtimer said:
Judging by Anthony Michaelson's indirect quote in September's Hi-Fi News the X-150 was not as bigger seller as hoped.

I heard from another source that that is an understatement rivalling "the sun is a bit hot." Good news for those of you who got a bargain but not the stuff that sales success is made of.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom