Music Views in MediaPortal

Nokmondoo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm having a hard time getting my music in order in MP. At the minute i have over 500albums which i view in 'shares' view but i can't get it to list the tracks of an album as 'list' Any ideas?

What is generally thought to be the best way of viewing your music? How do you have yours?

Hi all, i'm having a hard time getting my music in order in MP. At the minute i have over 500albums which i view in 'shares' view but i can't get it to list the tracks of an album as 'list' Any ideas?

What is generally thought to be the best way of viewing your music? How do you have yours?
Are you saying that in the shares view you can see the folders for the albums but no tracks within them? If so what extension are your files?

If you are saying that you can not browse by album / artist / genre etc then this is because you need to import your library into the MP database (goto the music section on the config app)

Are you saying that in the shares view you can see the folders for the albums but no tracks within them? If so what extension are your files?

If you are saying that you can not browse by album / artist / genre etc then this is because you need to import your library into the MP database (goto the music section on the config app)

No, in shares i can see all my albums. When i select an album i can see the tracks but they are viewed as big icons as default. I want to view the tracks as a list but there is no setting for shares under the music confog?

No, in shares i can see all my albums. When i select an album i can see the tracks but they are viewed as big icons as default. I want to view the tracks as a list but there is no setting for shares under the music confog?
Just had a quick play and the whole shares view shares one layout. You can not have albums as big icons and tracks as a list (which is I suspect what you are trying to do). If you just want everything as a list then just change the layout option to list (it appears to remember this on restart)

I really recommend using the database views as (a) you can achieve the above quite easily and (b) it gives you much more flexibility over the views you have

I really recommend using the database views as (a) you can achieve the above quite easily and (b) it gives you much more flexibility over the views you have[/QUOTE]

Can you give me a rough idea of how I would need to setup music views so -

1. I can view all my albums in big icons
2. When i select an album it changes to tracks in a list view?

Thanks for your help mate :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom