1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Streaming Query

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by scrapbook, Feb 17, 2005.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    If i stream music from my laptop to a wireless thingy which is then connected to my amp does the sound card in the laptop have any influence on the quality at all...or does it not come into the equation???

2. Ray

Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Although some friendly tech-head on the forums may correct me I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The chip on the sound card (and therfore the quality) is only used when you are encoding during recording to your hdd or if you are outputting through the soundcard - i.e. to your speakers.

If your music files are already encoded .aiff .wav cdma etc then they are just like any other data file - just 0's and 1's. When your receiver requests the file your laptop will serve the data file via your network connection and not go anywhere near the soundcard. As long as your wireless link is stable you'll be ok.

Ray

3. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rayfin scores 10/10

Rgds,
    your friendly tech-head
    :D