Music Streaming Query

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
If i stream music from my laptop to a wireless thingy which is then connected to my amp does the sound card in the laptop have any influence on the quality at all...or does it not come into the equation???

Ray

scrapbook said:
If i stream music from my laptop to a wireless thingy which is then connected to my amp does the sound card in the laptop have any influence on the quality at all...or does it not come into the equation???

Although some friendly tech-head on the forums may correct me I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The chip on the sound card (and therfore the quality) is only used when you are encoding during recording to your hdd or if you are outputting through the soundcard - i.e. to your speakers.

If your music files are already encoded .aiff .wav cdma etc then they are just like any other data file - just 0's and 1's. When your receiver requests the file your laptop will serve the data file via your network connection and not go anywhere near the soundcard. As long as your wireless link is stable you'll be ok.

Ray

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom