Music streaming advice

robfosters

Hi guys,

I have an non wi-fi ethernet PC upstairs loaded with an itunes library. It is connected to my downstairs wireless router by homeplug.

How can I stream the music downstairs? I have heard of airtunes, but is it possible to stream music via ethernet from the PC to the router and then the router send it wirelessly to airtunes?

Also, I will be purchasing an iPad to control the PC's itunes from downstairs. Again, this is wi-fi, so will it work the other way round? i.e can the router take the wireless instructions from the ipad and send them by ethernet to my PC?

If you are note sure what I am asking, dont hesitate to ask for more info

Cheers

t72bogie

you just have server software on the PC (or a NAS) and client devices accessing the files ...thats it really ...you may not need anything else

software wise, there are so many out there, some proprietary, some not ....windows media player will do the job and thats built in

Greg Zepplin

is it possible to stream music via ethernet from the PC to the router and then the router send it wirelessly to airtunes?

Also, I will be purchasing an iPad to control the PC's itunes from downstairs. Again, this is wi-fi, so will it work the other way round? i.e can the router take the wireless instructions from the ipad and send them by ethernet to my PC?

Yes to both - that's my exact setup (using an airport express) and my iphone instead of the iPad. Works a treat.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom