Music server Help

Hawklord

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to rip all my music CD's to a hard drive and use my PC as a music library/server. I'd like to not lose any of the sound quality by compressing the files just normal CD quality files. I'll be needing a hefty hard drive or too I'm sure (I have over 500+ CD's) but I have no idea what is the best ripper and player to use. I'd also like to have the disc artwork as well as the band, title, genre etc for review in the player.
My PC is linked directly to my Sony Bravia LCD, Onkyo 805 AV receiver and Arcam Integrated amplifier.

Does such a software package exist or could you just give me an idea of the best ripper and player that would get the job done with the best sound quality available to me.

many thanks :smashin:

I use Exact Audio Copy, and rip to FLAC format. I mostly playback on a set of Squeezeboxes, but when I do have to use a pc I generally use Media Monkey as the player/manager. I use Album Art Aggregator to gran artwork EAC, AAA and MM are all free. A quick google should put you on the right track.

FLAC is probably the most popular lossless format, and is quite widely supported. Sound quality is way better than even high bit rate MP3.

Yes you will need a big hard drive, but its worth it. Don't forget to back up onto an external drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom