Music player help

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by russell19800, Aug 27, 2012.

1. russell19800

russell19800
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ello all

Have a little problem with my music system . When i set it up i was on a budget so brought a second hand technics amp and some ceiling speakers n wired them up to my main desktop computer ( which is in loft ) i then control my music with itunes remote by leaving comp on in the loft .
    This is not a very good system as when i get a pop up it over rides itunes n i have to go into loft to get rid of it . ( pain in a##e ) and comp shuts down after about a week n dont no pasword to change settings
    Is there a way to put music on external hard drive then run it in same kind of way minus the computer ? Would a media centre do it ? As u can properly tell im well out my depth n dont understand any kind of tech . Also dont want to spend a fortune .

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

2. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    You could look for a second-hand Sonos ZP100 or ZP120 (a new ZP120 would be £399) to replace your existing Amp and allow easy control of music which would be best stored on a NAS. It also gives you the option of internet based radio or music streaming services too, and can be easily added to if you require more rooms/zone at a later stage.

As long as your music library is not based on Apple DRM-protected paid-for tracks (which will only play on Apple systems) then you will be fine.

Use the free Sonos App for control and you are good to go.