Music on Logitech Squeeebox and pc

cleagarr

Standard Member
Hi

I have the squeezebox and love it but would like to be able to play the tunes on the squeezebox (kitchen) and pc (living room) at the same time. How do I do this? I use the squeezecentre but can't get any sound out of the pc.

I fear I am being a bit of a spas.

Cheers

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You need to run something like softsqueeze on the pc which can be launched from within squeezecenter under Extras. Alternatively try downloading squeezeplay from slimdevices. It worked a lot better for me with the latest revisions of squeezecenter, in fact softsqueeze stopped working completely. I haven't tried it in a while though.

[email protected]

Hi

I have the squeezebox and love it but would like to be able to play the tunes on the squeezebox (kitchen) and pc (living room) at the same time. How do I do this? I use the squeezecentre but can't get any sound out of the pc.

I fear I am being a bit of a spas.

Cheers

I could have written a similar email as I have just put a Squeezebox in the livingroom and wanted to play the same music on the kitchen PC. Last week I downloaded Squeezeplay, like the poster above suggested, installed it on the kitchen PC, chose 'synchronise' and picked out the livingroom setup, and bingo, the same music throughout the ground floor of the house. Controllable from your iPhone or iPod touch, if you have one, with iPeng.

To think I had been contemplating buying an extra receiver and active speakers! Using Squeezeplay with my existing system cost me nothing.

psflynn

Novice Member
i use squeezeslave on the pc in conjunction with moose as the front end, as it uses less resources than softsqueeze, seemed to work more reliably, and you can browse quickly via album art etc.

cleagarr

Standard Member
i use squeezeslave on the pc in conjunction with moose as the front end, as it uses less resources than softsqueeze, seemed to work more reliably, and you can browse quickly via album art etc.

Hi

Thanks for his. Can you explain what you mean by 'moose as the front end'?

At the momen the squeezboc hardly connecs - I hink his migh be aproblem wih my wireless card.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks for his. Can you explain what you mean by 'moose as the front end'?

At the momen the squeezboc hardly connecs - I hink his migh be aproblem wih my wireless card.

Sorry to go off topic, but has the T key fallen off your keyboard?

psflynn

Novice Member
squeezeslave runs as a dos window or service, without a graphical means to control it (i.e. no front end). Moose (Search for Dr lovegrove's moose house i think), is a front end program to control the user input to the squeezeslave program.

It will also control your other players as well.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A90J & A80J OLED and X90J & X95J BRAVIA XR TV Line-up & Features: Sony Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom