Music muted when casting music on Pioneer vsx-934 using Chromecast and FireTV with no video

mhmd4k

I have a Chromecast Ultra and an Amazon FireTV 4K device connected to my pioneer vsx-934 AV receiver. I have disabled CEC in my TV, FireTV, and receiver. When I listen to music, I don't want my TV to be on. I have used a variety of music services such as Spotify, Tidal, YouTube Music, and Amazon music. When I play any music on my phone and cast it to Chromecast, it automatically turns the TV on. I turn the TV off and resume the music and everything seems to be ok, until everything gets muted for 3-4 seconds and then sound comes back. This happens to every single song. Although this only happens when the TV is off. When I try to play music on Tidal or Amazon Music directly on FireTV I experience the same issue. So I know it's not Chromecast specific. I have tried pretty much all combinations without any luck. The only combo that worked was using my wife's iPhone and the built-in AirPlay on my receiver. This combination didn't even turn the TV on. However, even this not so ideal solution has stopped working for the past few days as we can no longer get Tidal on her phone to connect to the Airplay.

I've even disabled screensaver for my AV receiver in HDMI out settings page, but still no luck.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to listen to music without turning on the TV. I wonder if other people face the same issues? If yes, how did you resolved the issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom