Music Magpie

Reaction score
Now I know these guys have been around for a while and I've even seen the TV ad now....but have any of you guys used them? I've read some really shocking reviews!!

I've never traded anything online as I'm quite hesitant on sending the goods and not getting the money. Though it seems like the hassle free option!!

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated...maybe there are some other legit sites out there?

I've used MM twice. I found them to be hassle free. You won't get the best prices (ebay might be better in that respect) but MM is probably the best way to quickly get rid of CDs/DVDs/etc. in bulk.

My only complaint is that they paid me with a cheque on both occasions (I don't know if this is still the case). The whole process from start to finish (i.e. registering my items online to getting the money in my bank account) took about 6 weeks. But given the amount of CDs, DVDs and games I had to sell they really were the best option.

Reading the reviews probably isn't reliable because with Magpie I think a lot of people have comically unrealistic views of what they should get for DVD discs - and that would affect both their experience and comments. You only have to look at the classified section on AV Forums to see how difficult it is to shift DVDs, and I am just amazed that a company would offer anything let alone buy in bulk like Music Magpie do. My latest experience is that it took about two weeks (and that was over the Christmas period) which I felt was pretty good going, and if you're selling more than 50 discs they will come and collect for free.

See....I definitely want the hassle free option...but having downloaded their app onto my iPhone I've scanned a few things in and the prices are shocking!!

It's hard to imagine that so many people use them...

Discogs for selling music

Agreed, been selling on there for years and you only pay their fees (about 6%) if you sell the item. There's no listing fees either and you're free to set whatever price you like. Certainly better than getting 5-10p a CD from Magpie.

We gave hundreds of CDs away for free rather than go through MM. The hassle wasn't worth it.

we used MM to get rid of our DVD's and CD's. Considering the value to us (nothing) and the space they were taking up, getting anything for them seemed worthwhile. The process was smooth and i would certainly use them again if the need arose

They offered 18p for one of my DVDs and music wasn't much better. Local charity shop were more than happy to take my unwanted films and music.

I'm sure I read somewhere that mm sells some CDs and DVDs on to poundland/world

It depends how many you have to get rid of, if you only have half a dozen or so it's hardly worth doing anything other than giving them to a charity shop. But I'd like to hear which discs are only worth 18 pence, must be a mass produced disc or in very poor condition.

What do they do with all the discs cd or dvd?

It depends how many you have to get rid of, if you only have half a dozen or so it's hardly worth doing anything other than giving them to a charity shop. But I'd like to hear which discs are only worth 18 pence, must be a mass produced disc or in very poor condition.

The Last Samuri (two disc edition).

Ive used them with no problems to get rid of my DVD collection.

Most of my DVD's were US/canadian (from the good old days of dvdsoon) and they bought them all, wont say I got lots for them but it was a reasonable price.

All the UK stuff I shifted to CEX who offered more.

Seems like they are quite the outfit....might as well take the plunge I guess...

The Last Samuri (two disc edition).

Might have got more trying CEX, I know a lot of people don't like them but I have never had a problem.

Got 50p once for some rubbish loony tunes DVD that cost me £1 at a car boot sale so not to bad, probably would have got more if I had exchange for vouchers to spend in store

Edit: Just checked online and it shows 20p seems like its not much more after all, must have a lot in stock me thinks

Last edited:
Sell them on to shops like pound land

I had a read around and they apparently have a company which sells them on Amazon, they then undercut everyone else, a lot of sellers are quite miffed with them.

I had a read around and they apparently have a company which sells them on Amazon, they then undercut everyone else, a lot of sellers are quite miffed with them.

I read that too...they're called **********s...and apparently also trade on Ebay as Estocks?? :eek:

Edit: Just checked online and it shows 20p seems like its not much more after all, must have a lot in stock me thinks

30p is their minimum offer, and that's the offer for Last Samurai 2 disc edition, barcode 7321900283830

MM are indeed hassle free and being able to scan everything in using your iPhone/whatever works pretty well.

It's a shame you get peanuts for most things but if you've got a load of stuff you want rid of, it's easy enough.

Are there any alternatives to them ?
Any more focused on games / blu rays ?

Yes I know I could get more on classifieds but what more hassle free solution to getting rid of 100+ titles

If it hassle free you want and they're offering 30p a disc I'm sure you'd get more on here as a job lot

Now I know these guys have been around for a while and I've even seen the TV ad now....but have any of you guys used them? I've read some really shocking reviews!!

I've never traded anything online as I'm quite hesitant on sending the goods and not getting the money. Though it seems like the hassle free option!!

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated...maybe there are some other legit sites out there?

Music Magpie Threads

Mods please merge all of the existing threads and posts into one whole thread called Official Music Magpie Discussion Thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/general-chat/1116572-music-magpie.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/general-chat/1568653-music-magpie.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pc-gaming/1160922-anyone-used-musicmagpie.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/general-chat/1509291-best-place-sell-cds-online.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom