Music Jukebox software - HELP !

BigDawg

Standard Member
Hi All,

I am looking to dump all my music con a hard drive and play it through the computer, and off to other sources when I can (i.e. TV and amp)

What I am looking for is a recommendation on software that can sort all the music out, with titles, cobvers, genres, etc and play them as I choose.

FREE would of course be good, but I am willing to pay for the best

Anyone help?

Thanks

Craig

Jowl

Novice Member
On Mac, I obvisouly use iTunes.

On Windows, I used to use Musicmatch.....but found it a bit slow/resource hungry (as Windows iTunes is)

I now use MediaMonkey on the PC. There is a free version, or a paid for version with extras. I'm finding the free vesion okay for my needs.

Uridium

Another vote for Media Monkey; a big help to me recently when i wanted to modify the tags of all 50Gb's of my music to add track numbers to titles. Spent lots of time looking at various apps but found this the easiest and best for me. Very good at updating Meta's with Album art as well

mjn

Distinguished Member
I use Ultimate Jukebox, which is pretty good and simple to use.

3T3L1

On Windows, I used to use Musicmatch.....but found it a bit slow/resource hungry (as Windows iTunes is)
Get version 8.0 or 8.2 of MMJB - these are the best WRT functionality and not being too resource hungry. The free versions are one of the best "free" versions and don't lose too much functionality compared to the paid version.

Try www.oldversion.com for these older ones. Don't get v10 MMJB as its an awful bit of bloatware that acts as a sales portal for their online music business.

Another program worth looking at are Winamp 5.3 - though I found it very slow at ripping CDs compared to MMJB.

I would suggest you play with a few as everyone I have ever spoken to has their own preferences and won't change without very good reason!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom