Music in a game

dancuprar

Standard Member
I used to have an xbox and you could play the music that you had on a memory stick during the games.

I have loads of music on my ps3 hard drive and cant work out how to play it in a game or even if it is possible. :confused:

Is it possible.

Cheers

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
Only some games support it. MS make it compulsory for a 360 game to allow custom music tracks but no such requirements exist on PS3 games, so it is left down to the developers. Wipeout HD supports it, Motorstorm PR supports it as does Burnout Paradise City, there are others but they are quite small in number (relatively speaking).

dancuprar

Standard Member
cheers, racedriver grid is the one i am getting into at the minute but i dont think music is supported by what you say

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
cheers, racedriver grid is the one i am getting into at the minute but i dont think music is supported by what you say

I did own GRID a while ago but I can't remember if it can or cannot support it.

ghost5

Microsoft have a patent on the in game music thing so it's up to the developers to implement it.

The feature only came out on the PS3 when we got in game XMB and I think Grid came out before this so I would be very surprised if it is supported

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom